jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What is your favorite sport and why?

1. beverlyannblock profile image57
    beverlyannblockposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite sport and why?

2. swb64 profile image59
    swb64posted 6 years ago

Cycling! the full reason behind that is published within my hubs - its a wonderful sport...

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I played hockey for 10 years as a kid so I guess that is my favorite sport. I enjoy watching the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots play!

4. cutievert profile image60
    cutievertposted 6 years ago

swimming.. it's not only a sport for me..once i'm in the water, i can relax my minds..

5. Kavita Martin profile image59
    Kavita Martinposted 6 years ago

i like soccer very much because it's very interesting and thrill game.

6. profile image53
    marsky1posted 6 years ago

I thinks sports are a big waste of time and money.

7. mortgage-news profile image61
    mortgage-newsposted 6 years ago

Baseball and the main reason is that it is one of the most difficult leagues to make the playoffs.  So the regular season games mean much more.  Plus the tckets are more affordable than the other major sports in the USA.

8. GBond profile image59
    GBondposted 6 years ago

Golf, it is awesome. plus you don't have to be in good shape.

9. profile image50
    robguy56posted 6 years ago

for me it has to be rugby. not only have a played it for 5 years now, i firmly believe it is one of the most exhilerating games around to watch with its fast paced play mixed in with physical agression and a need for tactical awareness. although many sports these days have become much faster and more exciting games, rugby is still one of the most widely played agressive sports with an international fan base and widely viewed world cup. on a smaller level however rugby not only teaches children fair play and team skills, it also promotes a healthy lifestyle and hard work. for these reasons rugby must be my favourite sport, and as a bonus i just adore playing it more than any other.

10. StayPos profile image83
    StayPosposted 6 years ago

I am a shameless fan of Olympic Sports!  From the time I saw great athletes like Carl Lewis and read about greater ones like Jessie Owens (in terms of overcoming adversity while performing at the highest levels) and many others in between.

Not only do I enjoy the summer games I thoroughly enjoy the winter games as well.  I so appreciate the level of competition, commitment and excellence demonstrated without the types of commercial and business entanglement of other major sports.

There is just something exceptionally grand about athletes representing their country and leaving their very best on the field of competition even though most will never earn fame and fortune afterwards.

Can't wait for London 2012!

p.s. Just for the record I ran track and played baseball/football during my school years so they do get honorable mention :-)

11. SpiffyD profile image83
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

Soccer is my favourite sport because it is aesthetically pleasing and easy to follow. I loved the sport so much that I became a soccer referee. My favourite club is Arsenal FC of England, while my favourite national team is Mexico.

12. mkrandhawa profile image59
    mkrandhawaposted 6 years ago

i like soccer most because it is very nice and good game