jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does FC Barcelona's constant diving ruin their reputation for quality football?

1. lukecore profile image84
    lukecoreposted 6 years ago

Does FC Barcelona's constant diving ruin their reputation for quality football?

Do you even like the way they play, or do you find their passing game boring? Personally I admire their skills but they can be boring sometimes, and are not as 'clean' as their reputation seems to suggest.

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

They are desperate now ... with the second half on, pressure is building and they will probably get even worse by the end of the game.

3. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 6 years ago

Barcelona is NOT a desperate team nor do I find them any "dirtier" than any other FC team in soccer. THEY are more noticeable, because they are more reknown worldwide.

4. Seranya07 profile image56
    Seranya07posted 6 years ago

I think the new culture of diving as the 'new appeal' by all players is ruining the image of the beautiful game in general. Barcelona's passing and skillful attacking is something you cannot see in any other team, so this sets them apart from the rest. It's attractive football, and it seems to work for them..as they are a highly successful club!
    Their bad diving shows they are not used to it and are not as skilled in that department as other players...But players feel if they do not over-exaggerate falls they will not get the referee's attention...and in some cases this is true.

Accurate and standardised refereeing, together with punishments for play-acting will help eliminate this problem, before it destroys the beautiful game!

5. lukecore profile image84
    lukecoreposted 6 years ago

They're a fantastic footballing side, often great to watch, and very successful. It's just that the diving that irritates me - they seemed to have resorted to it more often recently.

I fully agree that better refereeing and more punishments for play-acting (or 'simulation' as the authorities call it) would help to elimiate the problem.

6. SpiffyD profile image83
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

Well Barcelona's passing game is attractive to purists, but it can be a bit predictable if you look at them week in and week out. Diving is a scourge if association football, so I wouldn't single out Barcelona. It seems as though the more skilled the players, the more inclined they are to dive as though they were assassinated.

7. samtenabray profile image61
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

Absolutely it dis credits the pure genius of some of the players that Barcelona have at their disposal. Such a shame....

working