jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you wear a helmut when you cycle? What's your reason for or for not doing so.

1. veronamex profile image61
    veronamexposted 6 years ago

Do you wear a helmut when you cycle? What's your reason for or for not doing so.

After biking for years, the other day I bought my very 1st helmut ever. The bike repair man working on my wheels was telling me how his father died in a cycling accident from a head injury due to not wearing a helmut. That did it for me....I was on the spot converted from an 'untamed free spirited, hair blowing in the wild wind cyclist' to an 'I love my brain' nutcase baby blue helmut biker.

How about you? Do you wear one? And if not, would you ever convert?

2. Thek1ngsway profile image78
    Thek1ngswayposted 6 years ago

I am kind of ashamed to say that  i dont wear one , and im a representative of my country (Albania) in that regard. We just dont have that particular treat in our culture and some times that has had devastating scenarios that i wish to no one.

There are not lots of frequent or regular bike riders here in Albania  , but nonetheless the country does nothing to enforce a law about it. I guess there have been more important things to talk about than small stuff like this .

Its not a case of comfort , nor of fun . Its a matter of personal safety and i think everyone should wear one . its just how it is!

3. CyclingFitness profile image93
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

I wear a helmet as I have to do so as I race competitively and it is a legal requirement for competition.

I've comprised a hub on the latest cool cycling helmets as many people are put off by the looks
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Uber-Cool-Cycle … -stay-cool

Suprisingly studies have shown that you are actually more likely to be involved in an accident while wearing a helmet

4. enomakos profile image37
    enomakosposted 6 years ago

i always wear  one,it is for safe reason

5. nakhit_x profile image60
    nakhit_xposted 6 years ago

i do not simply because i did not have enouph $$ cash when buying my bike and then i could not find one that matches my bike or looks good with it
    so it comes down to stingyness and style

6. CZCZCZ profile image83
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

Yep, why risk it, had a family friend when i was young fall off a bike barely moving and hit her head and died in an hour from a brain injury by hitting her head just right.