Week #3 Games of the week

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (55 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

NFL
    Looking at the schedule, there are two games I want to catch.  First, the 49ers are at the Vikings.  We'll find out this week if the Niners are for real.  I also love watch Peterson run, and seeing if Brett has anything in the tank is also worth a watch.

Game two, I gotta go with the Colts playing the Cardinals.  At the end of week one, I thought we might see Matt take over at QB sooner than expected as Kurt looked slow and tired, but last week he looked great.  Let's see if he can do it against the Colts.  It's always fun to watch Peyton at the top of his game.

College
    I have to go with Miami at Virginia Tech.  It looks like the Canes are back and are getting solid QB play.  Haven't seen them play this year, but this should be a big test on the road vs a quality team.

Game #2 is a tossup.  I'll probably go with Cal at Oregon.  I think the Ducks are better than people think.  It should be a very good test for Cal on the road.

2. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Sounds like some good games coming up!

~thranax~

3. RT9 profile image61
    RT9posted 14 years ago

The Vikings have potential there this season with Favre at QB. The only thing is seeing if he can stay healthy and keep those interceptions down while Peterson does what he does best.

The Colts and Cards game should be a good QB show down as well. Fitzgerald and Wayne are both fun WRs to watch

4. undagroundjoe profile image61
    undagroundjoeposted 14 years ago

49ers vs Vikings is definitely Must See TV this week.
    A win in Minnesota will legitimize the 49ers as true playoff contender.

5. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Chiefs vs Eagles could be interesting if Vick gets significant playing time.  I'm interested to see if he still has juice.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image61
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He will only get a good amount of time of Kolb goes down. Vick didn't appear to be so speedy in the perseason.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He was running out of juice before he got busted.

I would mind seeing him getting seriously injured. Nothing personal just from a fantasy standpoint.

You know there is an organization donating a bag of dog food for every time he is tackled.

1. dohn121 profile image83
          dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I didn't hear about that!  Do you have a link, Drew?  I'd like to check it out!

let me see if I can find it

I don't think he'll be on the field long enough to get injured, but he's yet to play a full season without missing time for injuries. So, it's not a farfetched idea.

6. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I didn't see much of Vick in the preseason.  Looks like he'll get some reps Sunday.  I'm looking forward to seeing him.

7. profile image0
    C.J.Richey121posted 14 years ago

Falcons vs. Pats should be a good game.  Atlanta is looking real good this year.

As for College I think Texas Tech vs. Houston will be an exciting game.

8. Drew Breezzy profile image61
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

I am picking DET over WAS this week

What do ya'll think of that?

1. profile image0
      C.J.Richey121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I picked Detroit too.  They aren't playing horribly so I think they will have to win one soon. I would hate to be the team to finally lose to Detroit.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I'll be at the Colts-Cards game.  Colts hat, Cards Shirt. smile

Whaaat? Better leave that Card shirt at home.

10. dohn121 profile image83
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

The Niners are my brother in-law's team.  I gotta root for them.  Those guys haven't been good since Jeff Garcia left California.  Colts Cards should be a high scoring shoot-out. I'm sure it'll help a lot of you Fantasy owners.

11. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Giants at Tampa Bay this weekend. . will be kinda sad to see Derrick Ward on the other side of the field  . . but with Jacobs and Bradshaw running and Eli's passing game clicking the Bucs may not have a shot . . but they just might luck out and not have to face Tuck  . . even so if the Giants load up early, stop the run and hit Leftwich hard it will be a Giants win easy. But with Tampa wanting a win and so many Giants out (Hixon:(  Tampa could pull it out and surprise everyone . .but Im not hoping for that outcome . Giants need an easy game this week so injuries can heal . . Im just thinking it aint going to be as easy as everyone is calling it.

12. dohn121 profile image83

I'm with you 100% wavegirl22. The loss of Kenny Phillips is definitely a big blow.  Domenik Hixon is another big blow (great speed and height).  Tuck's season is definitely salvageable so that's a relief...I wonder what Jason Sehorn's up to nowadays smile But seriously, Jerry Reese should think about signing perhaps a veteran safety to fill the gap caused by the loss of Phillips.  I wonder who's available?

13. wavegirl22 profile image48

Now the big question of the week is Can Mark Sanchez really lead the J-E-T-S to a 3-0 start? Against the Titans???

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I live in Nashville (Titans Town) and will get shot for this but I think Sanchez will led them to a 3-0 record. To me the Titans, from what I have seen to date, do not have a secondary that can stop him. The Titans have a strong defensive line and can pressure with the best of them, but..I think Mark can handel it, if they give him a good game plan.

I am gonna say Jets, then go Hide!!!!!

14. dohn121 profile image83

Well, neither the Jets or Mark Sanchez this season is gonna go 19-0!  They're gonna lose a game and it probably will be against the starving-for-a-win Titans who don't deserve to go 0-3 (the kiss of death).  In the end, I believe the Titans are going to win because they are playing with much more urgency.  They are going to try to rattle Sanchez for 60 minutes and give him his first loss.  Sorry, Sanchize!

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm ya never know .. he has been touted as the new New York Joe Willie and if he lives up to Namath's fame he he will hopefully do what Namath always managed to do  . . and that was improve the Jets' level of play . .

All I am saying is dont count the boys of Green out this weekend!

15. dohn121 profile image83

No, I certainly will be rooting for them...Maybe that way, I'll get more traffic to my new Sanchez hub lol  I mean, who would want to read about a loser? big_smile  Besides, I still want to be alive if and when we have a Giants/Jets Superbowl!

16. profile image0
    C.J.Richey121posted 14 years ago

The Titans should pull off the win.  The key to the Jets success is that they have been running the ball really well and the Titans have one of the best rush defenses in the league so that will put a lot of pressure on Sanchez.  As long as the Titans put up some points I think they can beat them.

17. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

Out of the games mentioned, I like the Jets, 49ers, and Colts to win this weekend. The Niners could go either way, but Sanchez has not looked like a rookie and the defense has shut both the Texans and Pats down cold. The Titans are dead last against the pass (mostly because they haven't been able to consistently pressure opposing QB's) and the only reason anybody has been able to come up with for why they will win is because if they don't they'll be 0-3. The Colts have Peyton Manning.

Titans are a lock in week 4 they can wait a week

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

If they can't beat the Jags next week, they have a good shot at starting 0-5

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

I meant 0-6. They have Indy and NE after Jacksonville.

Can you believe the Titans aren't just losing but getting killed by the Jags?

18. Drew Breezzy profile image61
  19. Drew Breezzy profile image61

Hey I got this trade offer S.Jackson for T.Jones. What do ya'll think? I think I will prob accept.

I have forte,portis,caddy,mcgahee,mccoy, bush

I am just cautious with the injury plagued portis and then adding another injury proned back who has missed 8 games since his amazing 2006 season.

Worth it?

JUST DO IT.

2. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tough one. S. Jackson is on an awful team,but as you saw this past week, he seems to get yardage. You have great RBs already and Jackson could be a good insurance back if needed. Jones will face some great defenses and he does share with Washington alot.
      What's up with Portis??? He is not good this year, so far! lol, I am planning to see if I can get a trade for him.

Portis owes everyone who drafted him an apology.  He is on my hate list in my last hub.

What about Roddy White and Turner I am not happy there either.

As for action Jackson, Boller may help his value.

20. Drew Breezzy profile image61

I did I just hope he can find the endzone Boller may help the Rams

No regrets, right?

Jackson and Brandon Jacobs are the only players I have owned every season on at least one team since 06 so yeah.

But I am not happy with the fumble and the lack of scoring but like the fact he is getting involved in the passing game smile Maybe Boller is the answer they loss but they put up a fight.

Jones seems to be losing ground to Washington anyway.

This week went alot better for me. Except Turner and White irk me. White has loss his starting job on my teams. I have 2 or 3 better options on teams.

How about Rivers? I was so high on him going into the season and he lead the NFL in passing yards big_smile!

21. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

crazy week...fake punt and fake field goal in the same week (different games)

I didn't see the punt, who did it?

Ya'll see the Favre throw? Looks like his arm is still very capable.

22. wavegirl22 profile image48

All I can say after a great day of Football . . is you gotta love those Jets! And this could be the start of the Sanchez Era! He passed for two touchdowns and ran for another - a 14-yard scramble . .all in all 17/30 with 171 yards and 1 interception. . not bad for a rookie in the rain!

And what about the Giants smile Eli with a pair of TD's  . Big Blues defense sure was happy Tuck came to play .. and lets all say hello to Sinorice Moss .. who I think we just might see alot of this season . .

Great day for NY  .. and while I am on the subject of NY . . October a couple days away and it is Yankee Baseball Time!!!! Sorry to see Boston go home empty handed   .NOT smile

Now if only the Knicks could come alive!

Who are you??? big_smile  You and I follow the same teams!  The Giants did me proud (I won't focus on the negatives, Tynes) and Sanchez is now the first rookie QB in NFL history to start his career 3-0.  Will he make it 4-0?  The Knicks have not been good since before the turn of the century!  And I'm still beaming about the Yankees!  Go New York!!!

You mean to tell me the one Tynes missed I could have made? What a jerk!

Yeah, that kick he missed was PAT distance...I kind of wished they let him go last year and retained Carney.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48

Not trying nor do I want to compare the Mighty Mr Sanchez to anyone .. but I think back in 1969 former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Greg Cook actually led the 1969 Cincinnati Bengals to three straight wins before suffering a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder . .he was never the same , he lasted 6 seasons before calling it quits
        (Interesting to note who else was a AFL Superbowl winning QB in 1969)

As for Sanchez . .lets just pray he is the real thing .. it really would be nice to be able to root for both the GIants and the Jets. . .

what can I say dohn . .im just a NY wavegirl that loves every season for a different reason . .and it aint the waves in the ocean . . more like the waves in the different arenas/stadiums, and ballparks wink

You are certainly a rare jewel, wavegirl22!  There aren't many cuties out there that share your sentiments big_smile  You really know your stuff!

1. wavegirl22 profile image48

dohn121

so who we picking this week?

23. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Peyton looked like an MVP last night..........Kurt looked old.

You know, I give Peyton so much credit for doing what he does, Ron.  He's got no supporting cast and manages to win.  He'll be the MVP of the league this year once again.  He's the one player the Colts cannot lose.  No one is more important to their team.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Watch his O-Line and receivers in action; he has a great supporting cast.  Keep your eye on Donald brown as well.  The Colts may have the MVP and the rookie of the year for '09, though you would have to award that to Sanchez through week 3.

Agreed Manning has plenty of talent around him.  If only they would abandon Addai and mold Brown into a respectable running back.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Three years ago they were saying Addai was so good the Colts should dump Rhodes.  They kept both and won a Super Bowl....Lesson learned.

I doubted addai from the start. He was just a product of his surroundings.

24. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Brett's throw against the 49ers was unbelievable.  They showed a few of Brett's passes at different angles.  Man he can still throw heat.

I don't know if the rest of him will hold up.  He took some licks from the 49ers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)