jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will the NFL and NBA strikes continue through their respective seasons this fall

1. kestrana profile image79
    kestranaposted 6 years ago

Will the NFL and NBA strikes continue through their respective seasons this fall?

If so, how much will the professional sports industry be hurting as a result? Will it create a permanent disinterest in either sport?

2. Dhart profile image80
    Dhartposted 6 years ago

NFL - No, reports indicate they're close to a deal.

NBA - Yes, apparently the owners want to break the union and are willing to sacrifice the 2011-12 season tom get hat they want, as the NHL owners did in 2004-05.

3. Jennie Demario profile image39
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

Yeah I agree with Dhart.  It looks like the NFL will reach an agreement as early as this week.  The NBA looks doubtful.  A lot of the players are already signing on to play ball in the European league.  The greed is insane, right?  I wish I was in the position to argue over billions of dollars.

4. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

NFL will be practicing by next week, the NBA is losing lots of money and the over paid players don't want to give up any so they won't have a season or it will be greatly shortened.

5. supplies expert profile image61
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

Definitely not the NFL, too much of the economy depends on the NFL, and like everyone else has been saying, they will be coming to an agreement at the end of this week.

NBA - Yes, they're probably going to be missing a season, and I think it will create at least a disinterest of a lot of people for at least a few years.  I know with the NHL lock out it had affected me,I used to be a Rangers fan and I'd go to games here and there but after the lock out it wasn't until last year until I actually started watching NHL again, and still now as I watch it I don't even watch it as much as I used to.

I hope it doesn't happen to the NBA, but it looks like it's going to.  It's amazing that these players make so much money, but the owners of the teams have been losing money for so long.  Doesn't make sense.

working