jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who will win the 2011 MLS cup?

1. jamesjacques profile image73
    jamesjacquesposted 6 years ago

Who will win the 2011 MLS cup?

Seattle, LA, and Salt Lake appear to be the favorites but wildcard teams have won in the past. Offer any speculation you have on the playoffs.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5418821_f260.jpg

2. Thesportsbuff profile image59
    Thesportsbuffposted 6 years ago

It is going to be fun to watch because you are right the unexpected has happened before in the past. Seattle really is a great team but LA has so much star potential that I am tempted to just go ahead with them. Salt Lake could be a very good darkhorse champion but I think it really is going to come down to Seattle or LA and while I think Seattle is a very solid soccer team I think you have to take LA as the champion just because of the shear talent they have.

3. DJProfessorK profile image58
    DJProfessorKposted 6 years ago

Seattle does have the fan base to rival any team in the nation. If they're at home, I put my $$$ on them.

4. internpete profile image92
    internpeteposted 6 years ago

As a Union fan, I would want to suggest they might win, but that would be very optimistic. I think they will be in the playoffs but probably not win. LA is doing very well but if my memory is correct, they did very well last season and still lost in the playoffs....
    There are a number of teams that have given some very strong performances recently. A few that might challenge other teams include, Sporting KC, DC United, RSL, Seattle, FCD, the Crew, Colorado, and of course LA.

working