What is your worst ever camping experience?

1. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

What is your worst ever camping experience?

I asked for your best, now I want to hear your worst.

2. Dolores Monet profile image98
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

I once thought that 3 days of rain would make for a horrible camping experience and dreaded it. Until we had one. The gentle New York rain falling outside our funky yet well tarped and well drained seating area wound up being quite pleasant. And another trip, when temperatures plunged into the high 40's at night, a chill wind whipping - we still had fun. Would have thought that a camping trip with no fire would be awful. But when the rangers forbade fire, we saw the stars so much better. The really bad camping trip just never happened.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

It started raining -- hard. After everything was good and soaked, the wind picked up and the snow started falling. Semi-intoxicated significant other tried to dry out the pillows that had gotten soaked from the moisture coming up through the bottom of the tent...and promptly set them on fire. Toward evening, we finally pulled camp and headed toward lower ground as the road was closing. Ended up camping out near a local reservoir where there was no snow, but the wind was still screaming through and I was still soaking wet. So was everything. The males I was camping with decided to stay, which was great for them -- but I was the designated driver, and decidedly less warm. It may not sound bad now, but it was pure misery then tongue.