jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the worst thing you did as a child that you thought your parents would n

1. Rodric29 profile image77
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

What is the worst thing you did as a child that you thought your parents would never forgive?

Remember those punishments that you thought would never end. What is the most horrendous thing that you have done as a child that you thought only God could save you from the wrath of your parents.

2. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I didn't really know my parents so in my teenager's years I have written them, both individually (they lived separately with their own new families then) a letter enquiring why they don't have really any interest in me, accusing them of failing as parents...my mother especially found the letter too confronting and I have learnt not to judge too harshly before knowing all the circumstances...but it helped them to talk and open up, later in life about it:) They have forgiven me and I have forgiven them...

3. jencooper profile image61
    jencooperposted 5 years ago

I never did anything that I thought they wouldn't forgive, but I did do things that I was too ashamed to tell them.  I knew that they would forgive me, it was more about forgiving myself.  I think that is almost worse.

4. hildred profile image77
    hildredposted 5 years ago

When I was four I took my mother's sewing scissors and cut of all my hair. I still haven't lived it down since my mother blames that moment when my "pretty curls disappeared". Joke's on her, I now keep my head more or less shaved.

working