jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Football or Baseball and why?

1. Caerleon profile image79
    Caerleonposted 6 years ago

Football or Baseball and why?

Which is the better sport, football or baseball, why?

2. Gaarf Rosewell profile image73
    Gaarf Rosewellposted 6 years ago

I prefer baseball. When played well it is the best game.

Perhaps George Carlin stated the case for baseball best in his, "Baseball is a game of ups and football is a game of downs" monologue.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRfhbEUkg7o     Enjoy.

3. Serenity4130 profile image54
    Serenity4130posted 6 years ago

I like football better. Im sorry but I find baseball to be boring. I respect baseball but its just a little slow paced for me. Football to me is better perhaps because i understand it better than baseball. There is something primal about football. Its like 11 gladiators going into battle against 11 other gladiators. With baseball you just dont have that same vibe.

4. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Baseball. It seems to be a game of more skill. Football is essentially just based upon brute strength. Nothing wrong with that, but if I'm going to watch violence it's going to be MMA or rugby.

5. DeborahNeyens profile image98
    DeborahNeyensposted 6 years ago

I like both, but as a Cubs fan I'm usually through with baseball by about June, when the Cubs are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs every year.  : )

If I had to pick one, it would be football, because you can't beat it for the excitement of the game.  On Saturdays you have college and Sundays the NFL.  A whole weekend of great sports!  And now I'm off to beautiful Kinnick Stadium to watch my Iowa Hawkeyes beat Indiana today ...

working