jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can I catch a salmon?

1. sfpodiatrist profile image58
    sfpodiatristposted 6 years ago

How can I catch a salmon?

2. anndavis25 profile image79
    anndavis25posted 6 years ago

Swim up stream.  Move to Alaska.  Visit Sarah Palin.

3. meldin profile image60
    meldinposted 6 years ago

It's so simple!!!  Why didn't I think of this myself??? Thank you!

4. Highvoltagewriter profile image83
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

First, were do you want to catch these Salmon, in a river or the ocean? Since salmon migrate from fresh water to salt water and then back to the same river they came from to spawn and die. Will you be fishing in the Pacific of the Atlantic ocean, if you chose the ocean?

The reason I ask that is that I am  only experience with catching them in the Pacific ocean. The best way to catch them in the Pacific is find were a school of salmon are running and then use a live bait fish like a sardine. It would take a whole hub to tell the techniques people use to catch this fish, and salmon is not expertise. However this is a good start!

5. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Put on your best Camo outfit. Slowly approach the meat & fish department in your favorite grocery store. Cautiously sneak up to the counter, and ask the Butcher for one.

6. CZCZCZ profile image83
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

Catching a salmon is an exciting and fun activity for any avid fisherman. Using a bobber with eggs or shrimp can be very effective so is casting lures like spoons and spinners, or trolling plugs like kwikfish that are wrapped in sardines can entice a Salmon to bite.  Chinook and Coho are found in both rivers and ocean depending on where they are in the life cycle so approach the fish accordingly with the right lures and techniques for catching them where they are. read more