jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does playing virtual/computerized golf games help your real golf game in any tan

1. Birdiegirl profile image62
    Birdiegirlposted 6 years ago

Does playing virtual/computerized golf games help your real golf game in any tangible way?

2. luse profile image75
    luseposted 6 years ago

I would say that depends on how seriously you take playing golf virtually. If by judging how wind and turf will affect your golf ball in a video game means you remember to check those things while playing real golf as well, then I suppose it would help.

Playing virtually definitely doesn't help with touch and feel - vital elements in playing successfully in real life. However, I suppose by learning the basics of green reading virtually, a golfer could take those skills onto the golf course and improve.

Having thought about it, playing golf virtually improves your real golf game more so than playing a shoot 'em up, War game would make you a better soldier? In that sense, I guess computerized golf games do have a tangible, positive effect on your real golf game.

3. sportgames profile image60
    sportgamesposted 6 years ago

There are some nice golf games out there that can help you learn the basics of golf. Video games are the easy way to get to know what these sport is all about.

But if you want become a good golf player yo should play the real thing.

4. Birdiegirl profile image62
    Birdiegirlposted 6 years ago

Thanks, luse and sportgames for your comments! I asked the question... and I play golf quite a bit.  I have been playing Flick golf on my phone recently!  I have to say that it has made me think much more about wind speed and direction than ever before.  It's not a question of developing expertise through the game, but more of a thought process, reinforcing the mental checklist that i go through before I hit the ball.

5. hawkdad73 profile image69
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

I don't think the controllers and sensors can accurately match the movements of an actual swing.  My kids have found ways to play it sitting down.

working