jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should Arsene Wenger be let go at the end of the season?

1. samtenabray profile image61
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

Should Arsene Wenger be let go at the end of the season?

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

No. Arsene Wenger is possibly the best manager in the Premier league, he's consistent and creates money. I don't think I've ever seen him sell a player for less than purchased - he's an immensely good scout and a excellent trainer. In all his time at the club, I don't think they've ever been below 8th in the Premier League.

He's a great manager, I just think it would be rude to kick him out of the club he's kept working and kept debt-free.

3. Richard Craig profile image78
    Richard Craigposted 6 years ago

Arsenal should keep a hold of Arsene for sure.  He's a top manager who knows the club inside and out.  I think it's harsh to suggest he should be fired just because clubs like Chelsea and Man City have had major cash injections and have overhauled the team sheet.  Considering Wenger doesn't spend much money, I think he's doing very well.  He should buy a big name though, just to keep the young gunners interested in staying.  They have to keep a hold of their players and stop letting clubs like Barcelona shopping at the Emirates.

4. CyclingFitness profile image95
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

It's time for Arsene to step aside and for a new talent to come in and take his place.

Arsenal don't have what's close to be a Premiership winning team which is what they should be aiming for. They have lots of talented players, however it's time for a new approach to move the club forward.

If you take the view that Arsenal are a selling club which develops world class players and then allows them to move on at a profit and are happy for that then keep Wenger.

However if you want to challenge for titles he really has to go.