jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should the LA Lakers trade for Steve Nash?

1. ecoggins profile image93
    ecogginsposted 6 years ago

Should the LA Lakers trade for Steve Nash?

Steve Nash is coming to the end of a distinguished career without a championship ring. Kobe Bryant might also be coming to end of his career but would like at least one more ring. Is Steve Nash the perfect set up man for Kobe, Inc?

2. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

I don't know, I don't think Lakers need another player who is on his last legs but then again could give him the chance to end a great career with a ring, even though I think heat have it this year.

3. onthegrind profile image81
    onthegrindposted 6 years ago

I don't know either.  It is apparent they could use the help at PG but perhaps building for the future with a younger PG would be a better choice.  To me, Kobe looks like he's still got a couple more quality years left in him.  Good game last night with my Celtics...unfortunate outcome though!

4. GamingCowboy profile image60
    GamingCowboyposted 6 years ago

Unless Nash agrees to a hefty paycut (like 5-6 million), he isn't worth it. Lakers need to free up salary and cap space, not get weighed down by more.

5. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

It depends on who they would have to give up. Steve Nash is great, but he's coming near the end. Of course, many of the Lakers players are also getting near the end, and they don't have any young players, outside of Andrew Bynum, to dangle to a team like Phoenix which is looking to rebuild. So if they can get him without any major costs, cool, but it's hard to see that happening.

6. charmike4 profile image73
    charmike4posted 6 years ago

I would rather see the Lakers trading for a player that can offer similar skills as Nash but who is younger.  An example is Jeremy Lin from the Knicks - similar skills to Nash but he isn't 100 years old.

working