What are the steps to becoming a professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter?

1. alissaroberts profile image87
    alissarobertsposted 5 years ago

What are the steps to becoming a professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter?

How do you advance from an amateur level of fighting in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) to a professional level? Do you have any tips on achieving this goal?

2. mattforte profile image91
    mattforteposted 5 years ago

Pretty simple, really. Win.
    Many people train at a dojo and never actually fight. Those that do, can find an amateur MMA promoter in the area and start fighting in public. I've never been trained, but I *have* been in the ring - at a bar of all places lol.
    If you win, you gain face. You keep working with that promoter, and win more, in more towns, you gain notoriety. Eventually you get good enough to be noticed by bigger promoters..and it goes from there.
    Very much like starting a band, really.

That or you can just get on an ultimate fighter reality show..or be Kimbo Slice.

3. residentstone profile image60
    residentstoneposted 4 years ago

Cardio, cardio, cardio! Cant breath, cant fight! And becoming highly skilled in at least 1 stand up striking art, such as boxing, muay thai, karate, tae kwon do, or all of them

And being highly skilled in a grappling art as well, Greco roman wrestling, pankration, jiu jitsu, russian sambo, or all of them.

Have big heart and hard chin, and yes win win win. I've seen cardio be the downfall of many a tough dude.

working