What is the most prestigious Olympic game (sport?)

1. AndyK26 profile image66
    AndyK26posted 6 years ago

What is the most prestigious Olympic game (sport?)

With Olympics coming soon made me wonder which sport are actually the most prestigious. I know you going to be politically correct and say every sport is different etc. and it takes different skills etc.  Which is true? But example  in my opinion running sports marathons are or should be the most prestigious because as we know from history is where the games started from what do you think has or should have the most prestige on the Olympic games and why

2. A Happy Man profile image65
    A Happy Manposted 6 years ago

The Men's 100 Meters, as the champion is heralded as "The Fastest Man in The World".  This race is the most thrilling and explosive ten seconds in all of sports.  I look forward to it every four years during The Summer Olympics.  It is truly an experience to be cherished, and one that simply can not be matched.

3. MisterH profile image58
    MisterHposted 5 years ago

I think the most prestigious sport has changed over the years.  The men's 100m final is, indeed, probably the most important nowadays but in the past it has been the Marathon, the mile and even boxing or sailing.  All to do with fashions and tastes.