jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Should Women Box at the Olympic Games

1. barryrutherford profile image33
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

I see that the London 2012 Olympics will include Women's Boxing for the first time in 100 years.  Should Women be allowed to Box at the Olympic Games/

1. Maddie Ruud profile image77
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why shouldn't they?

2. profile image57
      KailynLawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, I believe that women should not participate in Boxing at the Olympics.  I don’t really like Boxing as a sport, but I put up with it for men.  It is just not right for women to participate in fighting at all.

1. janesix profile image61
        janesixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The hell with that. If girls feel like punching each other in the face for sport, they should be allowed to, just like men. Boo on you.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think anybody should participate in boxing.  It's a brutal sport that leads participants into major health problems.  I especially dislike seeing women participate because it makes them appear aggressive and manly.  I'm not comfortable with it.

2. barryrutherford profile image33
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

Well personally I do not  like boxing per see.  Lokk as a youngster I admired Muhammad Ali in his prime.  But i see the results on his health of brain injury.  I would hate to see the further development of this sport which highlights violence as a way of  resolving conflict

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is no proof his Parkinson's was caused by his boxing. Michael J. Fox was hardly in a violent profession and he has the same disease.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Definitely. And I'm not just saying that because one of the best female boxers in the world currently is Canadian smile

Boxing is a sport that involves as much skill as violence. It's no more violent than football or hockey in my opinion.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Sure, why not.  To the extent boxing is good or bad, it is good or bad for men an women, not just women.

5. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I don't think boxing should be a sport at all, but if men's boxing is represented in the Olympics, women's boxing should also.

working