jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Aikman Says Romo is a Better QB Than He Ever Was! What are your thoughts?

1. Bigpayno profile image81
    Bigpaynoposted 6 years ago

Aikman Says Romo is a Better QB Than He Ever Was!  What are your thoughts?

Troy Aikman did have the best offensive line in football, a hall of fame running back and hall of fame WR, not to mention a great defense.  Did all of this mask his true ability and make him appear better?  According to Aikman himself, it did, because he thinks Romo is a better quarterback than he ever was.  What does everyone think of this?

2. Taurus67 profile image59
    Taurus67posted 6 years ago

Well,I don't think that there is any question that Troy Aikman was surrounded by better players than Tony Romo is .I am not sure if Tony Romo is a natural born leader like Troy Aikman was though.That is a vital personality trait that a quarterback needs to have.

3. Bigpayno profile image81
    Bigpaynoposted 6 years ago

I agree.  Romo may be a better athlete but he's definitely not the leader that Aikman was.  It's not all about talent, especially at the QB position.  Sanchez has talent but he's not a leader, which is why the Jets haven't been able to win a championship with him at QB. (well, one of the many reasons).

4. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

It shows that Aikman has some class and is probably partly why Aikman was such a good quarterback. Yes he eventually had a great team around him, but he also started out his rookie year going 1-15. He ended up with 3 Super Bowl rings has the highest Super Bowl completion percentage of all-time. No offense to Romo, but I think Aikman is just being nice. Some of Romo's stats may stand up to Aikmans, that is partly because it is a passing league now. Winning the big games is what sets Aikman apart.

5. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

Emmit Smith alone would have made Aikman more successful than Romo. Tony has the talent but Dallas has no chemistry on the team, is that the leadership at QB, the head coach, or Jerry Jones fault?

working