jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is GOLF an ADDICTION?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

Is GOLF an ADDICTION?

I really Suck at this crazy Game/Sport. And, I have for Years.
    But ..... Here I am, loading my Clubs onto a Golfcart and going out again.
    Sigh!

2. luse profile image75
    luseposted 5 years ago

It's a good addiction! I'm jealous that you get to play on a Thursday afternoon!

3. profile image0
    Fatigmonposted 5 years ago

It must be, why else would anyone chase a little white ball around the countryside?

4. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Anything you enjoy or get good energy from can get very addicting, whether you are good, bad, or ugly at it. Now get out there and have fun!

5. kgarcia1113 profile image72
    kgarcia1113posted 5 years ago

Of course golf is addicting, you don't have to be good to enjoy it, you can get away from the spouse or kids while doing, and most people expect to have a few beers by time the round is over. I have seen people of all skill levels enjoy the sport so much they played a few times a week. I was one of them. At 18 years old my handicap was an 8 and I played 5-7 days a week without fail. I didn't have to, I wanted to!

If the weather was too bad to even play the front 9 I would be on the driving range. I've played in rain, hail, sleet, snow, 45 mile an hour winds and worse. I am just as crazy as any old timer on the course. We don't care as long as we make it back to club house with all of our irons (yes, we have all left a wedge on the fringe, even if we don't want to admit it) and most of the balls we started with.

It's my favorite addiction!

working