jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What firearm would you like to own?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

What firearm would you like to own?

If you could afford to own any gun for hunting - defense rifles or pistols included, what would it be?

2. glockr profile image60
    glockrposted 5 years ago

An AR-15 with a 16" barrel and full size stock.I'd als get a 22 LR conversion kit for it.

3. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

I once visited a fair on the Continent where I paid for three shots with an air rifle and won a prize despite the stall-owner having bent the barrel, (the little shickster)! A friend of mine had an air rifle he used to show off with, (including pointing it at me - I had second thoughts about him after that). These days in the UK the things are hard to come by, as you need a licence to buy one, and you can't get a licence without being a member of a gun club. It would be nice to have one, though. Around here there are lots of mangy pigeons, but nowadays they steer clear of our garden anyway due to our neighbours' cats and ours being constantly 'on patrol'. The ultimate deterrent, feline 'watchdogs'!The only other people who qualify for a firearms licence here are farmers, and living in a terraced house I certainly don't qualify as one of them!

4. profile image0
    DoItForHerposted 5 years ago

Would love the Benjamin Marauder air rifle in .22 caliber for in-town gopher and pigeon hunting.

A .17 hmr for out-of-town small game hunting.

A 25-06 for hunting big game. I'm sure many would think this too small, but have had not problems taking down deer and elk in one shot with this. Love the mild recoil.

May try twelve gauge shotgun using slugs for hunting in dense forest and it doubles for self-defense. The recoil is a bugger, but it is very quick to get a bead on those quick deer.