What Is The Best Kind Of Camping Stove?

1. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Is The Best Kind Of Camping Stove?

What Is The Best Kind Of Camping Stove And Why Do You Think It's The Best?

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

I like my "Zipp Ztove," a little battery-powered, debris-burning jewel that eliminates the need to carry fuel. Toss in twigs, pine cones, whatever you can find at hand, and you've got boiling water in six or seven minutes. The only caveat is that you have to keep it well bagged or soot and ash get all over the contents of your pack.

3. KDeus profile image95
    KDeusposted 5 years ago

We tent camp with other families a lot and we usually have between 20 and 30 of us. We have a Camp Chef EX-60LW 2-burner stove that we hook up to a full-size propane tank. Many of the other families don't have a camp stove so our stove gets used a lot! We purchased a large 2-burner griddle that makes cooking eggs, bacon, and french toast in no time and we can feed all the kids quickly! If we're cooking stew or apple cobbler, it cooks so fast even on lower heat.

We also bring two large pots and put them both filled with water on the burners for our wash and rinse areas for dishes. Aside from the convenience of having the ability to cook things quickly, I love that it doesn't require a table to set on so the kids aren't near it when they're at the table eating. The legs that support it are sturdy and raise it to a perfect height for cooking. And clean-up is very fast!

The only downside is that it does take up more room in my car than a smaller table-top camp stove would and it weighs about 35lbs (not including the griddle that weighs over 40lbs). But we love it and wouldn't consider anything else for how we camp!