jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How many NFL coaches were let go at the end of this 2012 football season?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image89
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

How many NFL coaches were let go at the end of this 2012 football season?

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

Seven I believe it was. Quite the Black Monday.

Two positions have been filled with Andy Reid going to the Chiefs and Doug Marrone to the Bills. There may be others I am not remembering at the moment or didn't hear about yet. Chargers, Cardinals, Browns, Bears, and Eagles still need a head coach.

1. Miller2232 profile image60
      Miller2232posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, several coaches (along with five general managers) were shown the door after the 2012 NFL season ended.

3. number2son profile image61
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

Well, I will try to list them.  Andy Reid from the Eagles, Chan Gailey from the Bills, Lovie Smith from the Bears, Ken Whisenhunt from the Cardinals, Romeo Crennel from the Chiefs, Pat Shurmur from the Browns, and Norv Turner from the Chargers.  I can't remember any more.  If I forgot any, I hope that someone lets me know.

4. nanderson500 profile image87
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Seven total. One of the higher numbers in modern NFL history. It could have been even worse. Ron Rivera and Mike Munchak were retained after rumors that they would be fired as well.

1. number2son profile image61
      number2sonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The same with Rex Ryan too.  Was Mike Mularkey fired?  I heard rumors that he would be.  That would make it 8.

5. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

I think you named them all so far BGJ, but i'm pretty sure there will be more

You might be right about that.

6. cajunrooster profile image61
    cajunroosterposted 5 years ago

Seven, but it should have been more. Some of those guys can't coach at all!!

You're right about that.

working