jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Who is the greatest sleeper in NFL Draft history?

1. Tim Quam profile image61
    Tim Quamposted 5 years ago

Who is the greatest sleeper in NFL Draft history?

The middle and late rounds of the NFL draft have found Tom Brady (sixth round), Russell Wilson (third), Terrell Davis (sixth), Bart Starr (17th), and Johnny Unitas (ninth), among others.  Who do you think was the biggest bargain in NFL Draft history?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I think that would have been Joe Montana. (Third round 82nd overall pick)

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great choice. He put a lot of teams to sleep, especially the Cowboys.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Black.

3. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

James Harrison is one that comes to mind. All the draft gurus were asleep on that one since he wasn't even drafted. Yeah, he came out of Kent St., but so did Jack Lambert. Harrison was NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2008 and had the longest play in Super Bowl history in 2009 when he picked Kurt Warner and took it 100 yards to paydirt.

4. EJ Lambert profile image72
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

I don't know how anybody can't say Tom Brady.  Three rings and an ever increasing mountain of stats and they scoop him up as a potential third string quarterback in the SIXTH round of the 2000 draft.  That is the definition of draft steal.  No other player who at such an important positions has had that much success.  He is the best sleeper of all time.

5. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 4 years ago

Although he was considered the best inside linebacker coming out that year,  I don't think most teams envisioned a Hall of Famer.  He went lower in the first round than he should have, 26th overall.  Not sure why. Maybe size. Background check etc.  He's not an extreme case like Tom Brady, but he turned out to be one of the greatest linebackers in NFL history. So if you can get a HoFer with the 26th overall, you got a steal.

working