jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do amusement park rides scare you?

1. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

Do amusement park rides scare you?

Or do you love the rush and excitement they give?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7917927_f260.jpg

2. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I'm a huge fan of rollercoasters. Love them. But other than that, I'm not that crazy about other rides. Not because I'm afraid, but they don't thrill me that much.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

They don't "scare" me. I enjoy the thrill and rush they provide.

4. sweeteeth profile image76
    sweeteethposted 4 years ago

they do scare the hell out of me but still i enjoy the thrill and enjoyment they provide....

5. dorothy0328 profile image75
    dorothy0328posted 4 years ago

The ride itself does not scare me however after spending some time working on a carnival it's the people who put them together that make me nervous. I have a tendency to watch a ride in motion, listen to the motor, and especially watch the operator before getting in line for any ride. If I ever see an operator that turns their back while the ride is running that is an instant red flag for me and I will move on to another ride. An operator who does not watch their ride is not aware of their riders and may not catch if safety harnesses are not properly secured, the ride breaks or if one of the riders is sick. Knowing how often rides for traveling carnivals in your state can often give piece of mind if the inspections are at least once for every location by a state inspector as some traveling carnivals may not receive a state inspection but once every few months and major underlying problems with the ride can be present without an operator knowing it. Operators are required to inspect their rides at open and close and multiple times during the operating hours however sometimes when a company hires the not so attentive ride attendant and operator these inspections and even proper maintenance may not be performed as often as they should be. Going to stationary parks such as Disney give me a piece of mind that the ride is up to safety code however using your best judgement is always the best idea.

working