What Are Some Things To Pack For A Camping Trip?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

What Are Some Things To Pack For A Camping Trip?

What are the essential things to bring on a camping trip for a week at the river or mountains? What are some things to bring on a canoe camping trip? What is a good checklist of things you need, for just about any kind of camping trip?

2. Southern Muse profile image98
    Southern Museposted 4 years ago

In general:
    1.  Soap, and clean drinking water (in a canteen), though hopefully you are camping near fresh water of some kind (just remember to boil!).
    2.  First aid kit. (A small one is normally fine, but sometimes I add an emergency blanket or other small trinkets depending on weather/climate.)
    3.  Small condiment packets, such as sugar, ketchup, etc. if you wish (Be sure to plan your meals).
    4.  Layers of clothing, depending on weather/climate you are going to.
    5.  Good, sturdy boots, preferably above ankle.

The most important thing, though, is to invest in your camping gear.  Your tent, sleeping bag, etc. can all be bought for cheap, but I've found that with the essential gear, it's worth spending the money for the good stuff.  My husband and I used to use regular Walmart brand sleeping bags, but once we bought $100+ sleeping bags that were rated for negative temperatures, we've never gone back.  Even in the summer when you don't need the heat, they make great padding because they are so well made.  Hope this helps.

3. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Let's see if I remember my checklist:

1. Comfortable, appropriate clothes
    2. Comfortable walking/hiking boots
    3. Personal hygiene stuff (toothbrush, soap, toilet paper, etc.)
    4. Flashlight
    5. First aid kit
    6. Cooking utensils and provisions
    7. Tent and sleeping bag, pillow
    8. Raingear
    9. Insect repellent
    10. Canteen with clean water

working