jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What is one item you could not do without on a Camping Trip?

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

What is one item you could not do without on a Camping Trip?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6638476_f260.jpg

2. ASchwartz profile image72
    ASchwartzposted 5 years ago

I like packing light for short camping trips. The only thing besides a good waterproof tent I must have is mosquito repellant. They seem to target me whenever I go out.

My husband MUST have a fan on in order to sleep, so we have to stick with campsites that provide electricity. I don't know if it's the noise of the fan that he needs, or what.

3. Getnmotion profile image59
    Getnmotionposted 5 years ago

A source of light. Flashlight, headlight, lantern…

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Can I choose electricity?  If not than it would be my iPad. I am a total indoor girl.

5. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

The only camping I do is backpacking, well away from any developed campsites. There are about sixty things I'd have trouble doing without, from good boots to good food to a good water filter. They all work together, so no one thing is the single essential one.

6. krillco profile image92
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

Depends on what kind of camping you mean and how you meant the question. For survival, that would be my pocket knife. But on a regular camping trip, what would be one thing I would have to have? Good company.

1. Eric Calderwood profile image83
      Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A knife.  Probably the best answer on here!

7. Eric Calderwood profile image83
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I would have to say matches.  Yes there are other ways to start fires, but I want to enjoy myself on the trip not take two hours to get a fire going.  My son could probably start a fire quickly without them, but if I'm going I'm bringing matches (or a good lighter) along.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

All I need while camping is firewood and beer.

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

books and a harmonica. i love reading  and playing my harmonica when i'm camping.

10. Azexplorations profile image56
    Azexplorationsposted 5 years ago

A good knife, all else can be imrpovised.

working