jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think of Tom Brady whining and showing frustrations on the field?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

What do you think of Tom Brady whining and showing frustrations on the field?

(a) He should act better than that (b) He has the right to show his frustrations. (c) He should talk to his teammates after the break (d) He should be more calm and wait for the teammates to get the grips, it is only two games in the season.

How about you. What is your opinion?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

In America we have always given sports figures a "free pass" to blow up in public and behave like 2 year olds having temper tantrums because they aren't getting their way.
    A baseball players swing his bat against a dugout wall, a basketball player throws the ball into the stands, a bench clearing of two teams fighting on the field, coaches/managers screaming in the faces of referees or kicking dirt on their shoes, slinging hockey sticks at opposing players, throwing chairs, and lots of other things no sane parent would allow their child to get away with!
    In fact I can't think of any other work environment where one could pull that kind of stuff and still have a job! Simply put we don't require sports figures to behave like (mature adults). We view their explosive tempers as evidence that they "hate to lose" and their "heart" is in the game. We applaud the fact that it's not all about the money. We want to believe they are determined to win (us) a championship. This allows the fans of the player/team to believe their behavior was "justifiable".
    Unfortunately millions of children also witness the antics of grown men behaving this way and see that it is condoned by many as sports announcers side with the player or coach/manager. The subliminal message is violent anger shows that you "care". This is often used as the explanation for violent behavior in abusive relationships as well.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
      alexandriaruthkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I applaud him because he want perfection, but do you think most youth seeing him like this help their attitude?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I believe sports heroes do influence the behavior of youth who watch them. Kids want to emulate those they admire. Nonetheless no (real) work environment or classroom would tolerate that type of behavior. This is part of what makes sports unique.

3. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

Thanks dash! I appreciate you dropping by and answering this question. Now, that seems long enough! lol

4. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

typical Tom Brady really. Dont see why change now.

working