jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think sports team members celebrate too much when they score a run, goal,

1. AlexDrinkH2O profile image79
    AlexDrinkH2Oposted 4 years ago

Do you think sports team members celebrate too much when they score a run, goal, etc.?

I see baseball players point to the sky to thank God when they get a base hit, a player gets high fives from all his teammates when he scores a run even if it resulted from an out, hockey players acting like they just won the Stanley Cup when they score a goal, etc. And no one shakes hands any more - it's all high fives and fist bumps.  Over the top?  What do you think?

2. dburkeaz profile image88
    dburkeazposted 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with praising God, but the touchdown dances, the slam dunk ditties, the walk off homerun celebrations are not good ... show some class, act like you've been there before!

3. Tim Quam profile image59
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

I think it depends on your take on the role of the athlete.  If you see the athlete as someone who efficiently runs plays, then yes, I think there's too much celebration after the completion of the task.  On the other hand, if you see that athlete as a performance artist, then that's a little different.

4. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 4 years ago

Yes! I think sometimes the celebration is overdone. The type of celebration that really gets to me is when the other team is taunted. It's so unsportsmanlike. Score the point and pat yourself on the back, but don't jump, scream, holler, point, and dance around like an idiot.

5. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

I do not understand why some football players celebrate a great run or tackle when they are losing the game. Instead of celebrating I would like to see more focus and points on the board.

working