jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think Michael Sam's NFL draft status will be affected after his admission

1. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Do you think Michael Sam's NFL draft status will be affected after his admission of being gay?

The SEC Defensive Player of the year, Missouri Tiger DE Michael Sam's admitted he was gay in a recent ESPN interview. Will this affect his status in the upcoming NFL draft?

2. TallLady profile image65
    TallLadyposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately for him, I think it will. Men can be such homophobes!  lolol

3. pmarinov profile image80
    pmarinovposted 4 years ago

I don't think it will, the man has proved that he is a great football player. And if that happens that he doesn't get drafted or falls down in the draft, it will mean that the reason is because he came out by being gay, and that will be very to me very racist and unethical!!!.

4. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure but if he doesn't go in the first 2 rounds, there'll surely be a hoard of people yelling about "it's because he's gay!"

I'm all for equal rights and fair treatment but am really tired of people not wanting to be treated differently and then going out of their way to be different and make a big deal about their differences. I hope the guy gets drafted based on his talent and the fact that he's gay just fades...FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE!

5. SuperLancer78 profile image60
    SuperLancer78posted 4 years ago

Michael Sam will have a team as long as he shows them that he can succeed in the NFL. His size and stiff hips hamper him in the eyes of a lot of GMs. But his admission to being gay will not effect his draft status. Teammates just want you to help the team win. The only problem will not be team officials but the people in the league office who think the NFL is not ready.