jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is most straight up roughest contact sport ever to be played?

1. Junior90 profile image59
    Junior90posted 3 years ago

What is most straight up roughest contact sport ever to be played?

Compare it to other sports been played world wide

2. Trueshortstories profile image73
    Trueshortstoriesposted 3 years ago

I think rugby! It is crazy rough! You have to sign some sort of big contract thing before you take part.

Junior90posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Contact to be paid, play for fun or represent ur country in which is a great honour/respect for yourself, family & especially ur country

3. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

Soccer, or football for people outside the USA. It's a civilized game now, but before it was just barbaric You could inflict whatever physical injuries you wanted without any penalties and it happened a lot. You could get jailed for a week just for playing soccer.

There's also the ancient Aztec sport that where the losers get sacrificed at the end and the winners end with broken bones from hitting the hard as rock ball with their heads and elbows and other body parts, but I don't know if it was a contact sport. It certainly was rough.

If not that, there's probably a few medieval sports that involve killing people.

As for modern sports, probably rugby.

Aztec pretty life threaten game, especially putting ur body on line, then the sacrifice bro thats pretty intense back then, hate to be lived back then

4. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

Boxing without a second thought. That sports literally pays for violence. Most of the matches end with at least one of the participants bleeding from their nose or ears. These days, helmets and teeth guard are mandatory, to prevent head injury and missing teeth, something which was common during earlier days. Boxing matches have a knock-out round which means that the winner is declared once the opponent is knocked to the ground so bad that he cannot get up by the time the referee finishes his countdown. It's just barbaric in my opinion.

1. Snøwman profile image61
      Snøwmanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why didn't I think of this? This is the roughest contact sport.

2. Junior90 profile image59

I couldn't agree more, boxing, UFC, mix of martial arts etc. Bloodsport games! Humans aren't statues

working