jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Will American Pharoah win the Triple Crown?

1. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 2 years ago

Will American Pharoah win the Triple Crown?

It's been 37 years (Affirmed, 1978) since we last witnessed a Triple Crown winner.  American Pharoah seems able and willing to complete this feat but WILL he do it?  Just recently we witnessed California Chrome fail last year and I'll Have Another 2 years prior.  Willl this be the year?  Your thoughts?

http://www.si.com/horse-racing/video/20 … iple-crown

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12420655_f260.jpg

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Yep I remember when Affirmed won.  I bet ! Million dollars on it-too bad it was in Monopoly money.  The thing with California Chrome, the one who won the Belmont did not run in the other two races.  Would California Chrome have won if there was a rule that the horses had to run in all three races?  I am hoping that American Pharoah will win.

dohn121posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with you.  Late-comers should not be eligible to race against previous Triple Crown entrants.  Perhaps another question I should ask is whether or not American Pharoah winning the Triple Crown is good for the sport?  I think so.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree as well

3. Danny Cabaniss profile image75
    Danny Cabanissposted 2 years ago

Yes, he will.  He will have to overcome the same obstacles that have been too much for 13 horses before him, I believe he will overcome.

dohn121posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think so too.  However, look for Materiality and possibly Mubtaahij to make a run or make things interesting in the stretch.  American Pharaoh has the ability to do it and if his endurance is in question, he destroyed the field in the Preakness.

working