Who Is The Greatest Football Player Of All Time?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 2 years ago

Who Is The Greatest Football Player Of All Time?

2. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 2 years ago

In my opinion, Jim Brown was the greatest pro-football player of all time. He had the power of a fullback but ran like a halfback, he was durable, and he had the ability to carry his team, almost all alone.

3. dohn121 profile image83
    dohn121posted 2 years ago

There are so many candidates that should be considered for this title.  With that said I will suggest a very short list of some players in there position based on skill, ability, longevity, and reputation:

Walter Payton should definitely be placed into the conversation amongst the best running backs to suit up.  If anything else, his demeanor was nothing short of legendary.  Barry Sanders shines in terms of raw ability to avoid tackles.  I think I've seen him get hit cleanly only about 3 times in his ten year career.

Lawrence Taylor revolutionized his position.  Not many players, past or present can say the same.  Mike Singletary is the best middle linebacker to ever play the game, not to take anything away from Ray Lewis.

Jerry Rice is by far the best wide receiver to play the game and every other wide receiver is compared to him now and forever.

It would be very interesting to see what kind of stats Johnny Unitas would have in today's pass-happy, light-up-the-scoreboard NFL.  If only we had a time machine...

working