jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What is the most ridiculous sport you have watched or heard of?

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 21 months ago

What is the most ridiculous sport you have watched or heard of?

Sports that you would not consider to be a sport

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 21 months ago

Competitive eating, where gluttons try to eat the most of a particular food item. It's just gross.

LoisRyan13903posted 21 months agoin reply to this

That's the reason why I asked this.  I say a youtube video where a guy ate a bowl of ice cream with 30 scoops of icecream plus a bunch of other stuff like candy.  Holy toothache, Batman!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I once passed by a TV special called "Glutton Bowl" where these huge dudes were all racing to be the fastest to eat a 5 gallon drum of mayonnaise. It was....horrifying. Haha

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81

Oh double yuck.

3. profile image60
    Clive Palmerposted 21 months ago

Throwing Dorset knobs, a small bread roll, so light that if you throw them into the wind they land up behind you and presumably you have minus score. They are quite pleasant with cheese and made by Moores Bakery heart Bridport.

That's interesting.  Do these get eating after they are thrown?

2. profile image60
      Clive Palmerposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I don't think so, It is performed at village fetes during which it often rains so they get muddy. However if you are ever in south Dorset at a village called Morcomelake where they are baked you could try some with a piece of Blue Viney.  cheese.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 21 months ago

When I asked this question, I had competitive eating in mind.  I also remember my high school had Donkey Basketball for a winter sport.  I opted for running track instead, a lot less painful than being tossed from a donkey.

Then there is broom ball-I did play this for fun it is an ice hockey game with a volley or soccer ball and we hit it with a broom.  Great sport if you cannot skate.

1. profile image60
      Clive Palmerposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Another "sport" at village shows was the Donkey Derby. Where donkeys were raced, including "Hamish" an uncut Jack. Hamish was not adverse to showing his stamina in another way during a race, much to the chagrin of the local vicar.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81

That reminds me of a show "Man Against Animal"  and one time a man ran against a giraffe and zebra

working