Worst lie Ever,What have you heard?How did you react?
What is the most ridiculous lie you have heard from anyone anyplace before? How did you react /what did u say?
One of the most ridiculous lies I ever heard was, "... If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan ..."
Barack Hussein Obama
When I heard the, er, president utter that, I shouted, Bull s...
That was my reaction because I am a longtime insurance man, and because of that, I knew better.
I can think of several false statements.
(1) If you are born poor, you will remain poor. There are many rich people who came from humble, even impoverished childhoods. Oprah, Wayne Dyer, Mark Wahlberg, Shania Twain, & countless others.
(2) Only children are selfish, maladjusted, & don't have the capacity to share w/others. Oh yeah right. From my observation, only children are some of the most adjusted people. They did not have to vy w/siblings for parental attention. They were not subject to familial favoritism like children w/siblings were/are. Their parents were their support system so to speak. They shared because they wanted to not because they were mandated to. Jerry Lewis, Betty White, Charlize Theron, & other luminaries who are only children are quite charitable, even exhaustingly so towards others. They are also low-keyed people. Oh yes, we onlies are always seeking attention.....WRONG!
3. Children from large families are compassionate, none attention seeking, & have great social skills. Most of those who come from large families cannot interface well w/ others outside their families.In fact, they are quite shy, even uncomfortable around strangers.The late Charles Bronson, one of fourteen children, maintained that he was nervous & extremely uncomfortable during interviews. Madonna, one of eight children, is one of the MOST attention seeking celebrity around. Even when she is not working, she seems to find a way of grabbing attention. Alec Baldwin, one of six children is the poster boy for misbehavior.He seems to get into one altercation or another.Alec please behave yourself now.... Some of the MOST SELFISH people I have encountered are from large families. Oops, another falsity bites the dust....
4. Women do not like to initiate relationships.They love to play hard to get. Oh really........not in my neck of the woods. There are women who love to initiate relationships & are quite comfortable being the dominant one. In fact, men find such women attractive because they demonstrate a sense of confidence.
5. I have heard this one as a child relayed by my mother to describe the lies & stereotypes upon those of a certain regional/ethnic/racial group. It is surmised by many Black Americans(I am one) that Black Southerners were more backwards than Black Northerners.They were seen as rural, uneducated, & uncultured. To my mother, such were lies indicating that Black Southerners outdid Black Northerners educationally & socioeconomically.
I have 4 children and they do possess all of these qualities that you are debating, I don't know about more than 4 but my children have been complimented on behavior, manners and socialization by many people,including strangers.
Four children are what sociologists consider to be a medium sized family. A large family is classified as having 6 children or more.
My belief it is the parents that choose the way a child will be as far as compassion, and sharing ext. You could have 1 or 2 childen who have these bad characteristics. And a family with 6 children who are just fine. I think it depends on how they ar
Grace, I hope this is not inappropriate, but is that a photograph of you?
No it is a photograph of Vanessa Williams as the character Wilhelmina Slater in Ugly Betty. I am much darker completed w/ a short afro.
by feenix2 years ago
I am a black man and I have been living for nearly seven decades. Thus, I am well aware that a considerable number of white law-enforcement officers are racists. However, racist white cops are not the ones making...
by Lois Ryan20 months ago
What is the most ridiculous sport you have watched or heard of?Sports that you would not consider to be a sport
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 weeks ago
What is the MOST STUPID statement you have heard about childfree & 1-child families from people whocome from large families? People from large families, on average, have the most vitriolic prejudice against...
by Donaisabella6 years ago
Why do you react so negatively to everything Christian?I have noticed that religion, especially Christianity is a 'hot button' here in America at this time. For those of you who seem to be so off put by Christianity,...
by Nichol marie5 weeks ago
Do you know someone who is prejudice of larger families?Why do some people have an ignorant belief that moms of large families cannot be the same as moms with one or 2?
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 weeks ago
Are there still remnants of prejudice against only children? What makes peopleprejudicial against only children?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.