jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who is really the GOAT? (Greatest of all Time) Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, LeBr

1. Lemmuel Abogadie profile image60
    Lemmuel Abogadieposted 19 months ago

Who is really the GOAT? (Greatest of all Time) Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, LeBron James

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 19 months ago

It is still Jordan, for several reasons:
    1. The era in which he played (hand checks, etc.; overall tougher D). 
    2.The offense he played in (the triangle can be very restrictive)
    3. He was smaller than LeBron in an era of big men, and although he was the same size as Kobe, he did not have a Shaq-type center.  This makes what he and Scottie did even greater. 

I don't see that changing. Although I am a huge LeBron fan and think he is already Top 5.  He had the advantage of rules changes.  Same with Kobe.

3. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 19 months ago

Not a big fan of basketball and I never watched it much, but sometimes it looked like Jordan defied gravity.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13206878_f260.jpg

It just comes down to who one enjoys watching play the most.
    If we were strictly going by performance stats or championships won neither of these guys would considered better than Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain. The defense in their era was very physical.
    Wilt averaged 50 points a game one season, led the league in rebounds, points, assists and never fouled out of a single game.
    He also won seven scoring, eleven rebounding, nine field goal percentage titles and led the league in assists once. Chamberlain is the only player in NBA history to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game in a season, a feat he accomplished seven times.
    He is also the only player to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game (over the entire course of his NBA career),
    Having said that in my opinion Michael Jordan was the most exciting player to watch. I also enjoyed watching Magic Johnson and Dr. J.

working