jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever touched someone elses balls

1. theirishobserver. profile image58
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

When Ireland played France recently in the world cup qualifiers, a French player handled the ball and then scored the winning goal without a free kick being given to Ireland, Ireland are now out of the world cup...have your ever handled any one elses balls....

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
      Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Many times... suddenly and very Forcefully...

2. theirishobserver. profile image58

Yes I once handled a ball when playing soccer....

3. Daniel Carter profile image88
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

Mrs. Arnold Palmer had a little ritual of kissing Arnie's balls goodbye, for good luck. Apparently, this often stiffened the putter.

4. theirishobserver. profile image58

Daniel I hear what your saying so the kissing of the balls brings good luck, nice one, I imagin ehis wood was pretty hard after that....

1. BBCG profile image61
      BBCGposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, I don't play soccer, but I do bowl, so I handle my own balls a bit...Sometimes, in an effort to get to one of my balls, I may have to move someone else's ball, so yes, I have handled someone else's balls...

I have noticed something about the other bowlers though, and that's the fact that they blow on their balls before they actually release them down the lane...I'm wondering if that's so their thumbs don't get stuck...

5. alexandriaruthk profile image52
    alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago

yes, when my bf sleeps he cant sleep if I will not scratch HIS, it means everyday LOL

6. theirishobserver. profile image58

BBCG I have heard about that blowing on balls..but I have never seen it done...wahts that all about...

1. BBCG profile image61
      BBCGposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, in all honesty, I think it's so you get a better grip in the thumb hole...

From a twisted view of things, it just looks funny blowing your ball before you throw it...

working