jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

SuperBowl 44 most watched TV show ever.

1. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

The television ratings are in and this years Super Bowl is now the most watched TV show ever. It eclipsed the Finale of M-a-s-h which was the highest rated. Neilsen Co. reports that 106 million people are estimated to have watched the game.  The 1983 rating for MASH was 105.97.
    The Story around the city of New Orleans and Katrina and Peyton Manning going for his second Super Bowl ring were attributed as factors in the high rating.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100208/ap_ … wl_ratings

2. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the explanation!  I thought those highest-ever ratings were really weird, but the Katrina and Manning issues kind of make sense.

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

a good time was had by all. smile

4. alexandriaruthk profile image53
    alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago

and the Saints won, so majority had fun watching the game

5. salt profile image59
    saltposted 7 years ago

first time Ive really watched a nfl game, was good to see New Orlenes win - a bit of a fairy tale.

6. jellydonut25 profile image60
    jellydonut25posted 7 years ago

I wonder if the fact that THOUSANDS of people who would normally be at a bar or at each other's house were instead snowed in had anything to do with the ratings being so high...

7. Ann Nonymous profile image59
    Ann Nonymousposted 7 years ago

I enjoyed the game; enjoyed the Super Bowl commercials even more!!!!!! (I know, very unpatriotic of me, right? But on the other hand, that's what it's all about! So maybe I was the only one watching it for the right reasons!!!! LOL!!!)

1. alexandriaruthk profile image53
      alexandriaruthkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I enjoyed the commercials and Super Bowl as well, I am happy for the SAINTS although I like P. Manning

1. Ann Nonymous profile image59
        Ann Nonymousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Exactly...The Saints deserved to win just as much as anyone else!!!! Now we can focus on the Winter Olympics!!!
        I am for ALL of the USA!!! haha!!!! (Actually, once again I'm in it for the opening ceremony!!! Can't wait to see how it compares to Beijing!)

8. salt profile image59
    saltposted 7 years ago

Didnt know you were snowed in, I was stuck at home too.... although Id never seen a superbowl before, being australian.

The winter olympics are here too.. and I am really enjoying them watching all the competitors from all the nations ...

go aussie goooo!!!!! we love our sports !!

working