NHL Playoffs - Canadiens upset Penguins

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. mrpopo profile image72
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

A few lucky goals thanks to Fleury, but an otherwise solid performance I'd say.

First the President's Trophy winners, then the reigning Stanley Cup champions...

Everyone thought they'd be cannon fodder, but yet here they are. We've lost arguably our biggest influence in Game 1 of the series, but even without Andrei Markov, the Habs still have a lot of heart. Halak's performances of late have been tremendous in getting us this far, Camalleri's seemingly unstoppable one-timers have him leading all players in goals and 3rd in points, and with the youth infusion of PK Subban (who turned 21 yesterday - happy belated), not to mention the grinding efforts of Travis Moen and Maxim Lapierre - it's hard not to like this team!

It'll be mouth-watering to see them in the Final. I kind of want to see them vs San Jose - I didn't think San Jose even deserved to be there, they got a lot of questionable calls going for them against Detroit (Setoguchi comes to mind quite a few times). If the Habs were to upset them...

Ah, mustn't get ahead of myself. They still have either Boston or Philly to go up against, so whoever it is, bring it on!

Go, Habs, Go!

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As I have already written an extensive Hub on why Montreal is not to be supported, and would only like to add here:  "GO LEAFS GO: tongue

http://aidangordon.com/images/go_leafs_go.jpg

mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha, thanks for the comment Greek One.

I WANT the Leafs to do well, but reality just doesn't comply tongue maybe next year though, I'd like to see them make the playoffs.

Though your management throwing away that first round draft pick infuriates me...

After reading your Hub, I have not changed my mind. Appreciate what the Leafs have done for the Canadiens in the past, but let's make this a friendly rivalry. Don't have grudges based on the actions of fans, have grudges based on the actions of players (*cough* Setoguchi).

Gotta support the only Canadian team left on the playoffs though. And maybe one day we can relish the thought of a Leafs-Habs conference final.

Until then though, I'm just fine watching the Habs with their "revamped" team edge over Ovetchkin and Crosby.

1. Greek One profile image64
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i forgive you, but I am not sure God will

tongue

LOL!

Oh well, so be it smile

2. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

What's next? The Flyers beating the Bruins smile

3. sportyfunster profile image69
    sportyfunsterposted 13 years ago

Game 1 tomorrow evening between the Flyers and Habs. Should be a great series.

Aww yeaa, looking forward to it.

4. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Go Habs Go !!!!  I've always been a fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper!  Go Habs Go !!!!!

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/117/565/225/VnjK.jpg

http://americansportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/the-stanley-cup.jpg

5. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 13 years ago

Go Flyers!!!
    What an outstanding come back.

That was an amazing upset, Habs-Flyers should be a great series.

6. Beth100 profile image69

do you remember the last time these two teams met in a series?

I think two years ago the Habs beat the Flyers in the first round, wasn't it? At least I think so

7. Beth100 profile image69

I have terrible memory lapses...can't remember that series.  Refresh my memory?

Sorry, my mistake. Two years ago the Flyers beat the Canadiens 4-1 in the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Stanley_Cup_playoffs

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)