Brett Favre

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

Favre is back in Minnesota.  All of the fans here are looking
    forward to a great season.

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean he finally made up his mind for the second time this year?

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

actually, we all knew favre was going to come back, as i doubt seriously he was ever going to retire.  not as long as the vikings are good enough to where he can stick it to green bay this year again.  no, the reality is he just didn't want to attend training camp again.  and him being brett favre and brad childress not having enough clout to make him show up to camp, it seems favre is getting exactly what he wanted.  a championship caliber team with no minicamp.

You mean as long as he doesn't decide to retire, again. hmm

I'm not a Favre fan - I'm Sick To Death of hearing his name!!

1. profile image0
            jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you have done anything different if it were you in that situation?

what are you referring to?

1. profile image0

The ankle was a factor.  Aside from that, if you had the clout to wrangle yourself another 7 million to play, would you?

I wouldn't have played football to begin with. lol  I hate sports! lol

I'd take the business side of the negotiations, anyway.  Nobody is worth that much money.

1. Greek One profile image63
                    Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If i had a do over, I would be Tiger's wife

2. profile image0

So the 3 surgeries on the ankle had nothing to do with the decision?

1. profile image0

im not saying it didn't have anything to do with his decision.  however, at this point, i really don't believe anything that man says anymore about whether he's retiring or not.  its like the boy who called out wolf all the time.  he did it so many times that when a wolf finally did show up, NOBODY believed him.  that's exactly how i feel about favre.  i just don't believe a damn word he says anymore about whether he's retiring or not.  the only way i'll truly believe he'll retire completely is if he not only declares it, AND he doesn't play for any football team until around like the 7th week of the regular season. THEN ill believe he's finally done.  until then, i don't believe anything he says..

1. profile image0

He is evidently a good salesman.  He did get that 7 mil.

Many people here are tired of the indecision also. Myself included, but
              I can't say that what he did is totally wrong.  He just got the last report from
              his surgeon last week.  How do you answer a question until you know the results of the medical report?  He kept his options open.  I blame the media for most of the incessant airing of the situation.  They will do anything for a story.

1. profile image0

true, but you can't deny that favre brought this on himself.  i mean back in green bay, when he was allegedly healthy, he kept constantly being indecisive about coming back or not every single freaking year that he blamed the team for forcing him to make a decision at least before the draft.  something i don't think was too selfish for them to ask because if favre decides to retire, they need to get ready for a future without him.  if he comes back, then they can draft to sure up their weaknesses.  favre, too freaking greedy if you ask me.  he needs to just retire and be done with it.  if anything, i hope green bay destroys the vikings next year.  although im not a packers fan, i am a fan of aaron rogers, as he's been handling the whole situation with class and dignity.  two things i expect out of any athlete.

2. JBeadle profile image81
      JBeadleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is still a mixed bag for us Packer fans.  Some just want to see him play some more and the more reasonable people want to see him bleed (just a little).

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
        wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bleed a little. . they are going to have to have a stretcher extra close to the sidelines every game with plenty of oxygen tanks. . did you see what the Saints <?> did to him the last game of the season last year. . lord have mercy. .

I hope he is donating his brain to science. . at least something good could come out of his stupidity.

1. drej2522 profile image69
          drej2522posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you're such a Bret hater, wave!...he had the best season of his career last season. The Vikings are a much better team with him. I say let the man play and put more power in the NFC.

The following is for all those idiotic SEC college fans who chant S E C in every Bowl game...

NFC!! NFC!! NFC!!

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

oh thank goodness...
    i didn't hear about him this off season, so i just assumed he had passed away (being that he is 104 years old, and all)

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He's going to retire to the CFL after this season.  He needs the rest.

He'll never survive up here in the cold climate after the warm Green Bay and Minnesota winters

Beth 10 could certainly entice him. smile

1. profile image0

are you talking about beth100?

I guess so.  She's a 10 in my book.

1. profile image0

a 10?  well in my book i'd rate her as 100.  even though thats statistically impossible on a scale of 1 to 10.  however, i think i can make a exception.  wink  lollollol

3. profile image0

Yep!  He just arrived about 1/2 hr ago.  Media was going nuts.

4. profile image0

Do you think the added  $7 million made any difference in his return? 

Does he want to set more records?

Does he just love the game that much?

5. Greek One profile image63

http://www.judasfavre.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ATT00001.jpg

6. Greek One profile image63

ALL the women up here look like that

1. profile image0

up where?  in greece?

Canada.. Greece is 'over there'

2. profile image0

You better not let the women in your area know who you are or where you live.  LOL

my wife will be sure to stand at the door with an axe

1. charlottelacar profile image60
          charlottelacarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and would definitely cut your neck.. LOL;)

2. charlottelacar profile image60
        charlottelacarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why jerryl? Is there anything wrong if a woman knows who you really are?

1. profile image0

No. But if I were the Greek One, I wouldn't want to face women, after saying  that they all look like  senior citizen football players.

7. chan0512 profile image77
    chan0512posted 13 years ago

Go Purple! Go Favre! Go AP!

8. surf traveler profile image77
    surf travelerposted 13 years ago

I'm glad he's back. Look how many wins they had last year. The guy is amazing. Remember that last second throw into the end zone around week 4. The guy is amazing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)