jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is Ancelotti on his way out of Stamford Bridge?

1. Donnacha C profile image73
    Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago

Chelsea is out of the FA cup as of today, and also are struggling in the Premier League....Have a fairly easy opponent (Copenhagen) at the next round in the Champs League, but it surely will get much tougher if they manage to go trhough....Ancelotti seems emotionless on the touchline lately and is hot on Roma`s radar....do you think he is about to leave?

1. Jefsaid profile image60
      Jefsaidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If Ancelotti has pride in himself then surely he would stay and fight on with Chelsea.  Leaving for Roma would look like a step backwards considering the money and personnel he has available to him at present.

2. Alhamora profile image51
    Alhamoraposted 6 years ago

I think Roman is waiting for Champions League results. Ancelotti  has good records in CL. But if he fails to win it, i see no reason why Roman would keep him. How Chelsea is playing currently, it seems highly unlikely though.

1. tazzmania89 profile image61
      tazzmania89posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely agree, Roman wants the Champions League more than anything else. Why else did Avram Grant not stay as the manager after he recovered for Mourinho?

3. profile image0
    Martyv25posted 6 years ago

I think Ancelotti will struggle to hold onto the reigns at Stamford Bridge this summer. Abromovich does not suffer failure easily, rumor here is that Mark Hughes is lined up to take over.

1. Alhamora profile image51
      Alhamoraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mark Hughes would become the Hodgson for Chelsea.

4. Donnacha C profile image73
    Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago

Mark Hughes, really? I`m not sure he is experienced and respected enough for a club like Chelsea....He is not doing a great job at Fulham so far....

5. Info Bucket profile image69
    Info Bucketposted 6 years ago

I think he will remain there for the next season also!

6. theiconmurphy profile image60
    theiconmurphyposted 6 years ago

He's gone.

working