jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Western Conf NBA - Who is going to win the series, OKC or the Mavs?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

The Mavs team is well rested and in fact hungry for the Championship title - we can say the same thing with the OKC.

Mavs is the favorite team to win one, but who knows the ball is round in basketball.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I really hope Mavs win. smile My husband and I will be attending this game tonight.

prettydarkhorseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good luck and I think that Mavs will win the series too.

Thank you big_smile I am glad Mavs won the game against Oklahoma. Mavs has been playing really hard, and I hope they win the series.

2. LakeShow T profile image82
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

I'm going to pick the Mavs to win the series.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image65

I also pick Dallas, I am from Dallas. Go Dallas!!

Dallas all the way to the finals.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image65

Dirk is the MAN!!!!

UH-MAY-ZING!!!

5. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 6 years ago

I am very sure Maverick

6. LakeShow T profile image82

Standing ovation goes out to Dirk Nowitzki. 48 points on only 15 shot attempts. That's the most efficient game I can ever remember. Possibly a historical playoff performance. It would have been for sure if it was later in the series.

As a side note however, I have to say that both Dirk and Durant get rewarded with free-throws far too easily and far too often for their style of play.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image65

1-1, OkC defense is good last night. Both Durant and Nowitzki have low score comparing to the first game of the series.

8. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I don't see either of these teams winning the finals.  Just not enough defense.  It's strange watching this matchup in the WFC.  I don't think it's Oklahoma's  time yet, but there is something that drives me a little nuts about Dallas.   Basketball is a game of matchups and I see these two teams as fairly equal.

9. LakeShow T profile image82

I'm glad to see the Mavs take game 3 on the Thunder's home-court despite the one-sided officiating in favor of the Thunder. That's the mark of a truly superior team there with Dallas. Mind you, I don't like either team in the least, but I am just calling it as I see it.

The Mavs also proved they can win when Dirk is not playing at a very high level. They're just so deep. They can win in a shootout and they can win a defensive battle like game 3.

The difference in this Mavs team from the past is the presence of Tyson Chandlder and Brendan Haywood. They are both long and athletic players that deter opposing teams shots in the paint and from going into the lane all together.

Everyone knows how good Dirk is; he is the best 7'0'' shooter of all-time. Jason Terry is an assassin and rarely misses a shot when he is able to set his feet. Jason Kidd is one of the best/ most effective 38 year old players ever in the NBA. Marion is not the player he once was, but is still athletic and able to get into passing lanes and finish in the paint. Peja will still hit the open 3's. And J.J. Barea is a mini-version of Steve Nash.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image65

Marion and Kidd showed some kind of leadership and Nowitzki is sharing good assists and shoots when it is needed.

The officiating sucks!

11. LakeShow T profile image82

Wow. Stunning. Shocking. Phenomenal comeback by the Dallas Mavs. Fans were headed for the exits when OKC had a 15 point lead with 4:50 to go. I don't like the Thunder, but them and their fans must feel empty after such a tough loss and that's a horrible feeling. Credit to the Mavs and Dirk in particular, who was hitting shots from all over the court.

Wow, What a game!

They're heading here at Dallas and I think this is it, off to the NBA Championship!!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65

That was a great comeback, the OKC is good at that game, but Mavs is better of course. Experience did it for the Mavs plus Dirk is the man!!

Yes OKC played a tough game. The young players can run fast. It's a great thing Mavs have experience. smile

working