Vancouver vs. Boston - Stanley Cup Finals

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 54 discussions (145 posts)
  1. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 12 years ago

Yup, it's only the third time for the Canucks to go to the finals with no cup to show for it. The last time, 17 years ago, they literally lost by a single goal to New York.

This year looks very different as they have been the dominating team the entire season.

What are your predictions? Will it go 7 games? Will Vancouver see it's first Stanley Cup for it's 40th year anniversary?

smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope so...i hope it goes for 7 games...just for the excitement of it all...it should be a good series...I luv Boston too!

west coast Canuck here!  Go Van Go!

2. kcreery profile image61
      kcreeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am hoping for the Cup in 5 games.  That gives Boston one game and The Canucks will take 4.  In it to win it.  We'll see how Boston matches up to the Canucks and if they can handle the speed.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Vancover has the Power and size, But......

Boston has been used to tough games all payoff season, I'd say it will go at least 6 games and Vancover will in the end, but I am still with Boston all the way

4. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

NO

5. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Game 7 Boston wins, a hard faught series to. Both teams well done.

2. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 12 years ago

I'm behind Boston all the way!

3. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 12 years ago

I’m Canadian and live in the Vancouver region so I’m hoping that the Canucks win. The students in the school where I teach are so excited – they have Canucks fever!  As the Grade Twelves say (most of whom are 17) they were zero years old the last time the Canucks were in the Stanley Cup finals. I hope it’s a long series with exciting games too – the atmosphere in the community is wonderful when the Canucks are playing.

4. S Leretseh profile image60
    S Leretsehposted 12 years ago

The Sedin brothers have worked hard for years to get Van. in finals.  Finally did it. Van. should take the cup in no more than 5 gms. By far the best team in the playoffs.
    Van. -180 to -200 to start.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Canucks have got it together for the cup; Boston is strong and has the top defense team out there.

I say Canadians spirit wins this time.

5. kingis profile image68
    kingisposted 12 years ago

I like to see Vancouver win the Stanley Cup mainly because their franchise has never won it and they beat the defending champion Blackhawks in the first round.

6. Richard83 profile image70
    Richard83posted 12 years ago

I am not sure if Vancouver can shake the curse or not. It is probably the best chance they have ever had. Boston is tough though. Should be a good one.

The killer whale takes its first bite out of the Bruin bruisers.

Boston tea party will not be permitted along our shores

7. Beelzedad profile image58

Amazing and exciting game all the way to last 18.5 seconds. For an entire three periods, the two teams battled back and forth hitting and bruising one another with no goals to show. Even the 5-3 power play opportunities yielded nothing as both goalies stood on their heads making one great save after another.

And then, at 19:42 of the third period, a hero is made, Raffe Torres pops one in to win the game.

Vancouver 1 - Boston 0.

Vancouver leads the series 1-0.

smile

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...it was a good game - the goalies were the best!  ...the Bruisers were fighting quite a bit...lots of pressure...I'm rooting for Van - i realize the teams have 17 Canadian players each!...i like Boston too, but I might get lynched if I root for them - being in BC and all!

Go Canucks Go!...

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...not many NHL fans around...ha ha ha...where's GO...i even had a beer while watching the game - what's up with that?...red wine just doesn't seem to go with it...Van. Isle Brewery too!...just cuz...

10. Cari Jean profile image88
    Cari Jeanposted 12 years ago

Last night's game was fantastic!! So glad the Canucks pulled it off - am cheering for them all the way.

11. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Gloat all you want, this is only the 1st game.  You all won't be so smug when Boston takes home the cup!  GO BRUINS!!!!!

12. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

A shameful team all around...

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/99/cd540c65b72c42fb72ab513e4ee95649/m.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXXo39zAvPodPxFRLsHKbQ_9SYCDLHWoZxBfF-1V5_1WXY-mpY&t=1

http://media.citytv.topscms.com/images/45/72/e8cbccc345f49f2e753d8d7e5ccd.jpeg

Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a two minute penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. smile

1. Greek One profile image63

you know that the Canucks will not win the Cup because the hockey gods will never forgive Vancouver for their behavior.....

http://youtu.be/xM5ihA3NBAo

The Canucks have been cursed their entire franchise history, maybe you're right. But, if the hockey gods are gods, shouldn't they forgive? Haven't we been punished long enough.

40 years and 40 days seem appropriate, if we take Noah into account. smile

sadly, the hockey gods are not Christian....

they are Olympian, and as such they can be real a@#$%#%%#

they STILL are making poor Atlas hold up the earth

Ah, so Atlas won't shrug? That would explain it. smile

..ha ha ha...missed all this...hmmmm....wonder what the leafs did to offend the hockey goods waaaaaaaayyyyyy waaaaaayyyyy back in '68.........

1. mrpopo profile image72
                  mrpopoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

I still think the Leafs will take it in 7, and Greek One agrees with me I'm sure

...lol!....you have fun with that dream!

http://www.mrtees.com/images/1967-eh-main-logo.gif

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Maybe the Barilko curse has been resurrected by the hockey gods. smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Have you looked at how Bruins hit everyone in the playoffs, Canuck are well rounded this year.

Karma comes around

yes..they are well rounded....Go Canucks Go!

13. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...game on!...it should be good...it's going to be difficult being inside watching when it is such a beautiful day...but, I'll do it for the Canucks!....Go Canucks Go!

Canucks ate the Hawks for Breakfast
      Canucks ate the Predators for Lunch
      Canucks ate the Shark for dinner
      M'mm Boston cream & Captain Crunch

The Bruins are the largest land predator on turf
      Killer whales out weight Bruins on surf

Now that Bruins are so far deep in Canucks blue water
      The fans finally have a whale of a Time in their slaughter

When claw leads to Bite
      Does Bruins have the Might?
      Some say, it will be Tight
      We want the cup, we will win the Fight
      Whales in the light and our Whale in flight

Loved that last Alex Burrow goal.

me too...good game....11 seconds to shut it down..yeehaw!

14. Beelzedad profile image58

Another great game. And, despite the fact that Alexandre "Finger Biter" Burrows did not get the suspension everyone expected, he comes in to score two goals and win the game in overtime. A hero in the making.

Now, they head to Boston for the next two games. If Boston doesn't come out swinging, they're going to be toast. Of course, their confidence is in the toilet right now.

Vancouver 3 Boston 2 in OT

Vancouver leads the series 2-0.

smile

Canucks did out hit Bruins

If Bruins don't play their strength, I agree, they will be sunken tea and toast enjoyed by the killer whales

15. Beelzedad profile image58

Wow! The Canucks got stomped. Of course, Rome's hit on Horton was most certainly nasty, but it was one of those hits in which one does not expect that do the most damage. I've been hit many times on the ice and if I knew it was coming, I could prepare for it. The worst hits, although may not have been as hard, rung my bell and sent a bolt right through my body knocking me flat simply because I didn't see it coming.

This may very well have been a turning point for both teams, the Bruins saw red after that and went hard at it while the Canucks slowed right down, maybe thinking they were going to be hit next in revenge and taken to the hospital.

Nonetheless, the Canucks were embarrassed big time. Hopefully, they'll come out hard next game.

Of course, many of the Bruins kept trying to stick their fingers in Burrows mouth during the melees. Hilarious, that one is sure to follow Burrows around for a long time to come.

Boston 8 Vancouver 1

Vancouver leads series 2-1.

smile

that was bad!...Luongo suks!...they should have pulled him - 8-1 is sooooo bad.....Thomas is an excellent goalie.

If Luongo is first up on Wed - he'll be sprawled out on his belly on the ice (most of the time) - part of his technique.....ha ha ha..

I can't wait for Wed.'s game - i'm going to watch it in a pub - should be fun!

That's a tough one. The Canucks outshot the Bruins big time which means the offense was still doing it's job. It would seem the Canucks defense broke down big time and Lou was left on his own.

I think there was one point in the game towards the end in which the Bruins had three consecutive shots on goal and they all went in. As well, I think Lou has a new record against him to deal with now, that being two short-handed goals in one playoff game. smile

16. Greek One profile image63

fitting that only days after Dr. Kevorkian dies, Aaron Rome steps in to help Canucks commit hockey suicide end their playoff lives

You could be right on that one. Maybe, the best thing for the Canucks right now is the fact Rome did get suspended for the rest of the playoffs. Horton now has to deal with a severe concussion. That's terrible news.

"Two factors were considered in reaching this decision," NHL senior vice-president of hockey operations Mike Murphy said. "The hit by Rome was clearly beyond what is acceptable in terms of how late it was delivered after Horton had released the puck and it caused a significant injury."

Rome's hit  on Horton as one of the key players, damaged that game with bad karma. I hope the Canuck can shake it off by the nex game because they are a better team in skills.

17. Richard83 profile image70
    Richard83posted 12 years ago

Boston may have turned the tides with a big win like that. The curse may live. If so, look for Vancouver to go up in flames.

18. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...Go Canucks Go...have fun watching the game tonight!...too bad i can't drag a tv to the beach and watch it there

I see that Harper (no doubt on taxpayer's money), made the trip to Boston for the game yesterday...

why didn't the Canucks?

1. mrpopo profile image72
        mrpopoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like to say it was Harper's fault the Canucks got destroyed (again).

19. Beelzedad profile image58

Another mauling by the Bruins over the Canucks. And finally, the coach pulls Luongo and puts in Cory Schneider to salvage what's left of the game. The Canucks looked like they played a little better afterward but they were still no match for Boston.

They were certainly not a Cup contender the way they played the last two games and if they keep playing that way, the Bruins should deserve to win these finals.

Several melees and fights broke out, even the Bruins goaltender, Thomas got into one with Burrows in front of the net.

Boston has scored 12 goals in the last two games while Vancouver only scored 1 goal.

Boston 4 Vancouver 0

Series tied at 2-2.

Back to Vancouver for game 5.

1. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

GO BRUINS!

20. Beelzedad profile image58

As long as both Vancouver and Boston win all of their home games... smile

21. Greek One profile image63

here's hoping that the team that wins the last game wins the cup!

Remember how Canucks lost it in Chicago for two games; I have at least some faiths in Vancouver than I do with some other things out there.

For some strange I don't do prediction any more in Hockey, something funny is going on

22. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

WOW! I've not been following hockey for a long time, but reading this thread got me updated so far.  2-2 How exciting can that be? Go Leafs Go!  Ooops wrong team.  But we can dream, can't we?

yes we can Rosie... yes we can!

Bless you!

I'm sorry, when I see the make beliefs, I mean leafs hit the ice. I feel like I’M watching bad movie reruns of the Titanic

GO BRUINS!

Go Bruiser, the hospital enjoy your clients

23. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...great game  :0.....omg! can't believe they even started the game with Luongo as goalie...finally moved him out but after it was too late.

Thomas is soooooo good and the defense.....

I can't wait to see Friday's game - hmmmmm....?  wonder which goalie we will see begin the game....it better not be .....

@castlepaloma - 'make beliefs' - thanx for the laugh!

@disturbia - no way!  LOL!

GO BRUINS!

I wonder sometime, when a city wins a cup, is that city better than the other City?.

Just to let you all know, a little bs in fun, it can still  mean you are a good sport too

24. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...one more sleep...ha ha ha ...this time i'm leaving work early so I can get settled in on time...to watch!

25. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

..ahem.....and a one, and a two, and a three.....Go Canucks Go!

BOSTON!   BOSTON!    BOSTON!    BOSTON!    BOSTON!

2. Greek One profile image63

The Vancouver Casucks are cachoking  Someway

ha ha ha.....no the Casucks are not cachoking....good one!

a one, and a two, and three....Go Canucks Go!

26. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...i hear Thomas is sick today!  and Luongo is on vacation...wonder if he'll make it back in time for the start....hmmmmm....no comment

for all those watching tonight - cheers! lol...you too Disturbia!

...now where's my maple leaf banner?...i'll have to call gramma and ask her to pull it out of storage....

which one do you want?  I have several available...

http://www.flagkingsports.com/fks_shop/images/Leafs%20-%20Banner%20Pins%20-%20All.jpg

I was a kid way back in 1967; we had to walk all the way across the room, just to change the TV chandelle for the Hockey game. Lots of brain damage hockey players for not wearing a helmet and Terry shawchuck 1965–66, played for the Leafs, He was in the Guinness world record for most stitches.

I rode a bike without a helmet too in the old old hippy days, Some people say for old people like me WE have  Alzheimers  ha ha

poor you Castlepaloma yikes....you had to what? yikes.....get up off the couch and change the channel......you are old lol...i hear there was only black and white tv back then too!

Go Canucks Go!  ....see ya on the beach, k?

That's all ancient history. Many "empires" fall only to be replaced by others. What have the 'Leaves' done recently? smile

just waiting for the right moment...

Don't you mean 'millennium'? smile

looks like ya might still be waiting after Wednesday night smile

27. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

ha ha ha....too bad there isn't my lucky number...the year i was born and opened my eyes - got any 76's?...yeehaw!

The best i can do for 1976 is this picture of Toronto Maple Leaf Daryl Sittler winning the Canada Cup for Canada...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/229/137/76_7_display_image.jpg?1274160961

If you were born in 1972, I would have posted this picture.. of Toronto Maple Leaf Paul Henderson winning the Summit Series for Canada in Russia...

http://thebloggingkind.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/paul-henderson.jpg

who are those guys? yikes

Go Canucks Go!

2. Rosie2010 profile image67
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh I love Darryl Sittler! and of course how could we forget Paul Henderson.  Thanks for the memories!!!

Yes, they were the good old days

28. stoneyjohnson profile image67
    stoneyjohnsonposted 12 years ago

Man, it looked like a done deal after the first 2 games in Van, but now I'm not so sure. 12-1 over 2 games... I hate boston as much as the next Montreal Canadiens fan. And yes, If Pacioretty were playing, we'd have won that series! Anyways, it pains me to say this, but Boston is taking the cup in 7 games this year.

29. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...okay one more time...the game will start in a couple of hours.....

Go Canucks Go!

30. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

....ha ha ha...what a good game!  Luongo tied his skates up really tight!  Go Canucks Go!...Monday in Boston and Wed. back in Van - maybe.....Canucks seem to do well on their home ice.

Go Canucks Go!

The most exciting moment in my life was my first born child

I think the fans downtown here in Vancouver, got more excited about winning this game than they would have, having their own first born child

...yes...i watched what was happening of course...lots of good, good energy....were you amongst it?

31. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

You'all getting excited about two gangs of guys on skates beating each other up ??   why can't you be civilized  and play soccer  - - - oh yes, you don't get long enough to play on grass before all that ice comes back I guess big_smile

yup!....no - not much ice on the coast.....soccer?...you must be a brit or sumthin' like that....big_smile

Massive crowd that packed Canucks-Stanley-cup-finals-Vancouver's Biggest Street Party since 2010 Olympics!  For 36 years I have gone to all kind of events on every continent. The largest one was in China 10 million people among 8 days at a sand sculpture contest.

Vancouver downtown Canuck party was by far the wildest event ever

1, Women were flashing their breast
        2. I was high fiving until my hand hurts like hell,
        3, Black guys playing hockey on the streets
        4. Mad kissing or hugging fits
        5 people climbing lamp post, scaling buildings and on everything
        6.Pot smoking and drunks everywhere
        7 Even many bars were closed because they were afraid of the mob
        8. Urin and vomit everywhere
        9 hundreds of custom, hockey stick, Stanley cups, and faces painted
        1o lots of play fighting some real

Vancouver Knows how to PARTY!!!

WE WANT  THE CUP
        WE WANT THE CUP

1. Rosie2010 profile image67

Congrats on Vancouver win last night.  It was a very tight game and I was so happy to see the only goal and when the camera showed the fans outside after the goal, it was like the whole city exploded!  Awesome! 

Go Canucks!

It's like

Better than Christmas to the fan here

32. kingis profile image68
    kingisposted 12 years ago

It has been a good series, I think it will go to seven games.

Maybe, yet we will still have home advantage for the next game after.

33. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

....a one, and a two and three.....

"GO Canucks GO!"

enjoy the game tonite everyone!...Cheers!

if they lose tonight, then I think they will lose game 7 too.

If they win tonight, of course... then I think they will win the Cup smile

the game will be good either way...but doubt if they'll lose on home ice...come on - we need another party on the coast!

I hope you get your party.  I'm rooting for you guys.  Go Canucks Go!

34. driyu profile image60
    driyuposted 12 years ago

GO Canucks GO.................

GO Canucks GO.................

WE WANT THE CUP
      WE WANT THE CUP
      WE WANT THE CUP

35. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

okay...one more time...

GO Canucks GO!  See ya in the circle!...the winner's circle

36. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 12 years ago

The Canucks might win in Boston tonight, but if they don't it is over for them.  No way our Bruins are going to win tonight and then come up empty in Vancouver.  Bruins in seven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0
      Husky1970posted 12 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!!!!!!!

37. Beelzedad profile image58

Another good game on Friday night, which I watched out of town.

The Boston arena's ice is rather soft and bumpy as could be seen by pucks bouncing around all over the place. For the Canucks, it's difficult to play their game in that kind of quicksand, but perfect for the slow moving Bruins.

The Vancouver ice is awesome, I've played on it myself, it is like a sheet of glass and very fast. Pucks move effortlessly and glide straight and smooth over it's surface, made for a fast paced game.

So, I don't suspect the Nucks to do well in Boston, but they'll most likely win their home game when they come back.

Vancouver 1 Boston 0

Vancouver leads the series 3-2.

For Boston, they MUST win both games. smile

WOW! You were a hockey pro?  Awesome!  How cool is that?  I think hockey players have to be the most skilled sports players as they not only have to handle a little puck with a little stick and try to get this little puck pass a giant goalie into a little goal net (ok not so little), take in elbowing, tripping and cross checking and all kinds fighting, and do this while ice skating. Amazing!

I hope Vancouver wins.  This iwill be their first cup, and for that alone, I'm rooting for the Canucks.

Go Canucks Go!

He said he played on the ice, not that he played hockey..

http://www.mondayswithjim.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/figure_skating_0061.jpg

really? yikes  I.. I mean cool!

Not really, there are usually always opportunities for local teams, companies, corporations, schools, universities, etc. to play on the pro's ice. I try and take as many of those opportunities as I can. smile

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

Beelzedad - that is so cool that you played on the Van. ice!...good memories I bet.

A friend of mine played in the old TO gardens - he was just a kid.

38. mrpopo profile image72
    mrpopoposted 12 years ago

Canucks had 4 goals scored on in less than 5 minutes... bounces aren't going their way tonight

Well, 5-2 in Boston was not as bad as 8-1 or 4-0 score

The Vancouver fans are ready to push the Canucks to Victory!!!

...ummmm....yor sounding like Luongo now - ha ha ha...i caught his interview after the game - he said sumthin' about boston scoring a few goals on van when they played in boston - 'a FEW?' - how about 'MANY'?

I hear Luongo is heading to TO next season!

39. vanchen profile image68
    vanchenposted 12 years ago

Game 7 is going to be a close one, and, really, I think Boston has just a good of chance to win it as Vancouver does.  Thomas has been outstanding all series (and all playoffs, is about to set the record for most saves ever by a goalie in the post season) and Luongo has numbers at home that are unbelievable.

The thing that scares me is Boston could of won any of those three games in Vancouver which means in Game 7 they'll have another excellent chance to win it.

God is on our side!,

JUST KIDDING

ha ha ha....well not last nite!...i'm late in posting - i was crying and couldn't type...i didn't watch the 3rd!...as a matter of fact I had a difficult time watching the 2nd!

I'll pull myself together and watch Wed's...i'll have my fingers and toes crossed!

40. Greek One profile image63

could be another sad night in Vancouver on Wednesday..

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2011/06/251611_691279169186_34502851_35979079_2798644_n.jpg

that's a good one!....he's on his way to TO! ...he'll be making 20 million a year there lol

That is funny, nice a mind game that we have an early summer'

It think the canucks lost that game on the first two poor goals in the first period

41. Greek One profile image63

no thanks... you're stuck with him....

and the rest of the divers..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bbeDmI74qqE/TfZ6h3GSS_I/AAAAAAAAASw/stpkFxRtcGg/s1600/diving.jpg

lol lol....well, it's better than crying this a.m....thanks for the chuckles this a.m.

42. Greek One profile image63

hahaha...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a4fuPt_jP-U/SqVXjC76L6I/AAAAAAAAAH0/u6L_8sRa1k4/s400/luongo-lottery-copy1.jpg

ha ha ha...i emailed those pics to my Boston buddy!

That's more like it,
      He swings over and plays extremely well in Vancouver

43. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

But.....Go Canucks Go!

44. Beelzedad profile image58

Well, as predicted, the two teams are winning their home games and as suspected, Vancouver did not do well on Bean Town's ice. Of course, Luongo couldn't stop a beach ball and they had to go with Cory Schneider again after Lou allowed three goals before the first half of the first period. Schneider quickly let another one in, but it was a redirect off a Boston stick that he had no chance.

So, it's back to Vancouver for the final game seven of the series and we find out who gets the cup. If we were to go on goals alone, Boston would easily take it as they got a total of 17 goals in their three home games. They would deserve it.

And again, if both teams win only their home games, that's all that counts in the end.

Boston 5 Vancouver 2

Series is tied 3-3. smile

45. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...what are you doing tonight?....having a party Vancouver?

...Cheers everyone!..."Go Canucks Go!"

looking westward to see the light show over the mountains...

when the citizens of Vancouver burn down their city in anger at the loss

Seat tickets go on up to $9,000,  I would have to mortgage a house for that.One women here, is about to have a baby, she is calling him Stanley.

Let’s win it for Raymond!!! who did not get a penalty wail he is off for 6 month with a serious  injurie. We better win or else

Vancouver will be turn to rubble and the kid second name will be loser

You will hear on the news, Vancouver has been trashed worst than our lost to NY in 1994, We will hear about for many years to come

Sad to say, it was un sportmanship like from our fan and poor loser too.

Great show from most of the players on both sides , our Vancouver Goalie was over rated in the playoffs

Go ahead trade Luongo to TO next season!

46. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

BRUINS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 12 years ago

What a shameful display in Vancouver.  Unbelievable that people can get so out of control over a game.  we will probably never live this down.  seriously disgusted...

48. Beelzedad profile image58

All I can say is: sad  to both the loss of another Stanley Cup final and the rioting afterward. I'm embarrassed to be living in this end of the world for the latter.

Clearly, Luongo choked as he often has in his career here when the going gets tough and the pressure's on. He spends more time looking up at the screen to get a glimpse of himself than he does on the ice. Thomas, on the other hand was focused and was definitely the better goalie, which made all the difference. Canuck's couldn't even buy a goal, fanning on pucks continuously when the empty net was right if front of them.

Boston 4 Vancouver 0

Boston wins the Stanley Cup in a 4-3 series. They were the better team and I applaud their efforts.

Time to hit the links.

49. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

Yes - Boston Rocks big time!...they definitely deserved to win...Thomas is the best!   24 Canadians on that team (4 americans) - i thought it was 17.

Good for you Boston!

And, to those idiots in Van - shame on you!  I truly do not believe they were fans - I believe some idiots attended to just cause problems and problems they did - people travelled to Van from all over the place - we don't even know the extent of the damage yet!  And their destruction and mayhem have overshadowed a good series.  I quite frankly believe those same idiots would have rioted even if van won.  And what really surprises me is that it wasn't a handful - it was thousands of idiots and they all managed to gather in one place at the same time.  There is so much destruction caught on video - I am certain some of those will be charged and convicted.  I feel sad about this today.

50. Greek One profile image63

My impression of Vancouver hasn't changed a bit... get a huge crowd, add alcohol, and insert a bunch of punks who intend to cause trouble win or lose, and you will get a riot in any major city if the police aren't prepared.

As for the hockey game... I'm just glad the Leafs GM was not successful in signing the Sedin twins when they were about to become free agents.  Luongo didnt show up for half the games... the twins missed all 7

Come now, Toronto has had it's fair share of riots as well, like the G20 last year. This has nothing to do with just Vancouver.

I would agree with that. The only guys who looked like they were working hard were Kesler, Burrows and Higgins. The rest really didn't show up, especially Luongo.

That's what I'm saying.. it has noting to do with just Vancouver.  Just like in Toronto, the majority of people who were out on the streets were not there to cause problems..

but a few trouble makers were.. and when you add alcohol (in the case of Vancouver) and an unprepared police force (in the case of both cities), you're asking for trouble.

When the Jays won the world series, the police were there and ready, and a million plus people celebrated without any major issues. 

With large crowds, anything can happen, so you have to have a sizable police force on hand just in case, to control things from getting out of hand when the SOBs who are there for just that reason start the violence

Vancouver Media will down play the damage done, and a couple of people were killed. One person was killed just for being a Bruin’s fan. I watched him slowly die because the ambulance could get to him in time. There was a lot of filming going on, so a lot of thugs will be gather up and soon enough hauled in.  Mostly small East Indian guys and yet the cops were so afraid of them

There have been a few worst riots in Canada; Montreal in 1993 was the worst

1. Lisa HW profile image63
            Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You were actually in it all?  (Not just seeing it on TV)?

I tried to encourage others to stop destroying things yet all this was pre planed from Friday’s game. About 14 gangs coached the crowd into trouble and many were drunk out their skulls?

If Canucks would have won the cup, it would have been less damaging. Some gangs were claiming it was a riot for human rights, to me it was about human terror and thieves.  Many volunteer did a huge clean up the next day.  Dozens of store were boarded up with many positive messages written all over them. One of them said smoke weed, and never riot.  It’s almost always the bars areas, not the weed area’s that cause crime year round.

you did what you could CP and glad you weren't hurt...yes it was obvious from footage i saw that people were there just to be violent...saw footage of men dressed in black with black bandanas covering their faces - they weren't there for the game...

...my heart goes out to the folks in Van and the businesses that are left to pick up the costs...

Your right, most of the painted faces and masks were the main gang. Most of the fights and injured were people trying to protect their stores or people in crowd tried to stop vandals, then the crowds turned on them.

Police were either too afraid to fight or thought it would only get worse if they did fight those gangs.

It's much easier and safer for police to go after grow OPs year round. Much more dangerous to be a security guard or be a cash outlet venue.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

oh no...you were in the midst of it...i almost headed over to Van to feel the good energy - i'm so glad i didn't now

2. OutWest profile image57
          OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

With large crowds and alcohol.  You always need the alcohol to enable these situations.  Plus any excuse seems to work.  What a shame though.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Agreed, but I was focusing on this statement:

"My impression of Vancouver hasn't changed a bit..."

And, that is exactly what happens in Vancouver when teams win series here, too.

Agreed. There is a video of a woman standing up against those same SOBs after the game - very brave, and it drives your point home quite well. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)