The Greatest Wrestler of All Time

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. mosaicman profile image58
    mosaicmanposted 13 years ago

Who is the greatest wrestler of all time?

1. Zabbella profile image76
      Zabbellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know but i love triple H.   All of the guys a friendly enough but I simply love the guy. cool

2. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 13 years ago

Ric Flair.

It seems that almost anyone that's been watching for 25+ years would say Hogan or Flair.  I happen to be a Flair guy.

Do you go to events?  I go once or twice a year, when they come to my area.

mosaicmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have gone to around 5 or 6 events in my time. Some friends and I meet at a restaurant/bar and watch the PPV's on most months.

I have watched wrestling for years and I cannot argue against Flair. However I feel the Undertaker may be the greatest of all time. I think he would dominate any era.

1. jcmayer777 profile image64
        jcmayer777posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Undertaker is a good choice.  The Wrestlemania streak will never be broken.  Speaking of Undertaker, I'm guessing he'll come back for Wrestlemania, then retire with the 20-0 mark.

Who do you think he'll take on?

The Undertaker may take on the person who is building up the most momentum at that point. Randy Orton is separating himself from the Pack. Although he lost to him around 6 or so years ago, he has become a much more seasoned wrestler. He can push the Taker to the limit. Also If the CM Punk Train continues, that could be possible. His cult following may demand the match.

A Triple H/Undertaker rematch makes sense but Triple H is not going to let Taker beat him twice in a row at a main event of this magnitude. Besides, I don't know if their bodies could handle another clash like that.

2. Zabbella profile image76
        Zabbellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Undertaker! I agree! He brings down the house..everyone loves him!

3. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Dan Gable

4. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Since the outcomes in wrestling are predetermined, I'd have to go with the person(s) who played the biggest part in making wrestling what it was (late 80's to mid-90's, what it became at its peak (mid 90's to early 00's), and what it is now (early 00's-present). And that person is Hulk Hogan. I also have to credit Vince McMahon though for being equally important in making wrestling as huge as it became at one point.

Bottom line for me is that without Hogan's charisma and character throughout his career, and without Vince McMahon's transcendent impact on the business, Wrestling would not have become something that would draw pay-per view worthy appeal it started in the mid 80's and has carried on to this day; nor would it have drawn mass appeal it did with WWE-WWF/WCW in the late 90's-early 00's; nor would it still have even as much as the diminished appeal it seems to have presently. It would be entirely off the radar and perhaps have never been on the radar without Hogan or McMahon.

5. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

o hell ya stone cold!!!!!! I think if you made a top 5 that was interchangeable it would be hogan,flair,stone cold,undertaker,brett hart

6. pajamazzon profile image61
    pajamazzonposted 13 years ago

HULK HOGAN!

7. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 13 years ago

Big Daddy or Giant Haystacks, both sadly no longer with us.  I used to enjoy Saturday mornings watching them in the ring.  Of course, it was all put on, and the outcome of the fight had been decided beforehand, but it was still fun.

8. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 13 years ago

A bit off topic, but I remember back in the 80's going to many AWA events at a local school gym...maybe 300 or so people in attendance.  Can you imagine the WWE doing a show in a school gym these days?

Dusty Rhodes may not be the greatest of all time, but he was one of the early guys that could really light up a crowd, both in the ring and on a microphone.

Barry Windham was probaby the smoothest as far as in-ring talent goes.  I wish I could see the Windham of 1986 take on Randy Orton today.

Ric Flair said Windham was the best person to work with in the ring. That is quite a compliment from arguably the greatest of all time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)