Who is the greatest Pro Wrestler of all time?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Ole Number One profile image75
    Ole Number Oneposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5829570_f248.jpg
    Rowdy Roddy Piper is in my opinion.

1. sportgames profile image60
      sportgamesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think that LOU THESZ is the best

1. jcmayer777 profile image65
        jcmayer777posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hard to argue with that one.   

I loved the fued with Harley Race and Ric Flair.  I was just a young kid, but that's what got me going into wrestling.

2. dinkan53 profile image71
      dinkan53posted 12 years agoin reply to this

For me, when I started watching Pro Wrestling it was quite interesting and after that it became pretty much boring. My vote goes for 'Shawn Michaels'

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5840431_f248.jpg

1. Eranofu profile image65
        Eranofuposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my, that's a great looking guy.. big_smile
        (Sorry, can't answer to the original question.)

3. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

a Canadian, by the way...

http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms_images/centennial_images/background/mapleleaf.jpg

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
        optimus grimlockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

um wow no words here! Since when is scotland part of canada o ya never.

2. profile image53
        leithfloodposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Franki Hart

2. Joshuad profile image54
    Joshuadposted 12 years ago

"John Cena" in my opinion. I love fairness.

1. Johnjfernando profile image60
      Johnjfernandoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cena was much better portrayed and liked when he broke into the wrestling firm as a heel back in 2002, known as, 'The Doctor of Thuganmics' wink

3. jcmayer777 profile image65
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

For me, Ric Flair is the best ever.  Hulk Hogan drew more money, Sammartino had a longer, uninterupted streak, and Shawn Michaels is "cuter" but nobody was better.

1. Greek One profile image63

George the Animal was cuter

http://www.benevolentstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/george-the-animal-steele.jpg

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eeeewwwssss!!

Shawn Michaels and "The Rock"

oh pleeeeeease...

what about King Kong Bundy?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/k/kingkongbundy/03.jpg

Oh my...

2. Eranofu profile image65

Fluffier. big_smile

3. jcmayer777 profile image65

George the Animal Steel was one sexy dude!

If I remember right, he was a part time wrestler and was a real-life elementary school principal.

4. lizzieBoo profile image61
        lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because I'm worth it.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

what about the next President of the United States??

http://file.walagata.com/w/the-salamander/jesse-ventura.jpg

I am eating my late lunch. I can borrow his earrings..

5. Greek One profile image63

and let's not forget...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2011/03/02/duggan_hacksaw.jpg

Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Duoh! wink

2. Eranofu profile image65

Cheating! That guy has a wooden board.

that's his head

6. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 12 years ago

Hulk Hogan represented the good guy attitude and was always drawing in more money than  handful of other wrestlers on the roster.

Ric Flair is the only legend of his kind that really went toe to toe against anybody during his prime.

Stone Cold Steve Austin was originally build as a technical wrestler before his neck injury, shot knee joints, and back problems, but he was the biggest bad boy who reinvented much of his character apart from what was said on paper.

The Rock; if there was ever a guy that only be descibed in one word, being 'charisma', that would be 'the Great One' because he was a guy that could make you hate at the same time you couldn't help but love him because of all of his catch phrases and gimmicks and also that wild sense of humour.

Triple H is a villain like none other and he got to the point of being appreciated as a villain which changed the landscape of the WWE concept of Hero/Villain where fans started to like the villain more because they thought that type of character was cool and appealing.

Shawn Micheals; what is there that you can't like about him, having done everything from winning titles, main eventing several PPVs, Mr. Wrestlemania, the guy that trained young amateur wrestlers, and also the best in the business alongside best friend/counter part Triple H.

Brock Lesnar is the final wrestler I'll mention being that he has been praised by everyone from a professional stand point to the other wrestlers he worked with and thats simply that he was the only of kind born with the raw edges of a perfect wrestler from size to build and also personality on live television and was easy for him to adapt to.

My pick is none of the above because I think there is someone else that deserves this:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5841856_f248.jpg

He did everything to the point where the next time he get severly hurt in the spine, he's either permnantly paralyzed or even death. He's considered a future Hall of Hamer in the WWE and also there is no better way for him to retire than as a World Heavy Weight Champion after Wrestlemania, which wasn't even planned because he was informed of immediately being forced to retire after Wrestlemania on the next few days where he did a physical. Great true story! smile

7. Greek One profile image63

but by far, the greatest wrestler in the world EVER...

from my home town of Toronto Canada (and of Greek heritage too)....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iu7vsGeBYG0/R1g91dA4FqI/AAAAAAAAAAc/EI-4vpee_3w/s400/trish-stratus-picture-3.jpg

1. jcmayer777 profile image65

I could never forget her...what's her name again?  My eyes are focused on certain areas right now other than her face.

Trish Stratus... aka Mrs Greek One the II

Yes. I've met her here in Toronto. I was passing by Richmond Hill where she opened her Yoga Studio. She is so hot!

2. lizzieBoo profile image61
      lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She looks really intelligent. I think it's important to see what people look like without their clothes on.

8. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

http://www.powerplaysportscards.com/photos/photo101.jpg

In Memory of a Wrestling Great...and a really good guy...as well: Leo Garibaldi 
    (Jul. 19, 1929-May 12, 2008)

9. S.Graveson profile image60
    S.Gravesonposted 12 years ago

Depends what you mean by greatest.

For genuine wrestling it's old timer, maybe Thesz, Sammartino, Ed Lewis or Gotch. Though Antonio Inoki deserves a mention as well.

For "showmanship" you'd have Rogers, Flair, Hogan, Sting, Michaels and a few others.

For a combination between the two probably Flair.

10. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 12 years ago

as a kid my favorite was Danny Little Bear

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5886851.jpg

11. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 12 years ago

Randy Orton is the greatest in my personal opinion. The legend killer!!

12. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 12 years ago

This brings me back when I used to love to watch wrestling on Channel 9.  Well, I would say my choice is Hulk Hogan!  He was the man and the max.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As a kid

The Beast

They had to lock him up in a steel cage in hotel rooms.

13. IsaiasPablo90 profile image66
    IsaiasPablo90posted 8 years ago

The Undertaker is the greatest pro-wrestler of all time by far. He has theatrical visuals and audio like no other, an epic theme, indestructible persona, incredible ring psychology, powerful moves, intimidating presence, almost everything a wrestler should have. He's been in the most classic and brutal matches in WWF/WWE history. He is a legend forever in pro-wrestling.

14. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 8 years ago

Piper greatest because he stared in a movie called
    :They Live:  Something meaningful.
    The producer was a real pro wrestler.

Worst
    Randy Savage. He wore a cap with Twin Towers on it. With a speech about how he was going to destory Hulk. The speak was very much on how the Twin Towers exploided explosion, two years before it really happen.

Plus the wrestling federation back then was under the title. One World Order.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)