Best Beauty Tips for Women
These are the best inside tips from top makeup, hair, and skin experts.
- Change to a sheer foundation. As we age, our pores get larger and foundation will settle into them making them look even bigger. Use a light hydrating formula applying in a thin layer.
- Switch the color of your foundation. As you age, skin loses pigment and radiance. So change to a foundation with warmer tones or add a drop of liquid bronzer to your favorite foundation. Bronzing powder should be part of your daily regimen. It makes you look younger when used moderately.
- When trying to cover blemishes, use an oil-free concealing pencil. If you use under-eye concealer to hide a pimple, it will be too wet and slide right off.
- You can create an illusion of lifting by using a shimmering cream or powder on your upper cheekbone, the center of your forehead and just below your lower lip. This makes the top of the face look lifted and detracts from any sagginess at your chin.
- Always use water-resistant eyeliner and mascara so it will stay put when our body temperature soars.
- Use rosy tone blush on your cheeks to brighten skin that is losing radiance. Use a color that complements your clothing.
- Shaping your eyebrows can take five years off your face. Do not pluck too much out because as you age, the hairs grow sparser and you might leave empty spaces. You will then have to draw in the whole thing. Not pretty.
- To stop eyeliner bleed, use a cotton bud to smudge the line at the outer corners, and direct it upward. If you forget this, eyeliner will settle into your little lines and make you look tired.
- Having a beautiful face, but ugly nails will show off your age. Keep your tips buffed or polished. Using too much yellow will accentuate sallowness, so stay with pinks.
- Just because you are older, you do not have to give up your long hair. Men always love long hair and there is so much more you can do with it. Just be careful not to cut it too shaggy especially if you are graying. The gray hairs are more stubborn and unruly.
- Instead of using Botox, use your hair to cover forehead lines. Brow-skimming and fringed bangs keep your style young.
- Stay away from a style that will hit right at the jawbone. This emphasizes sags. It should be at least an inch or two longer than the jaw.
- Reformulated mousse plumps your hair without making it stiff.
- A boar-bristle brush is suggested because it grabs and holds on to your hair while blow drying.
- Do not shampoo your hair every day. It can dry out your hair and fade any color. As you age, the scalp produces less oil. If you need to refresh the bangs, just wash those daily.
- Add a few color highlights close to your face. It will brighten up your skin and soften the look of fine lines.
- You can color your hair “down there” if you use a hair color without ammonia. You do not always have to shave or wax – you can have up to 10 different colors of pubic hair to living things up. bettybeauty.com
- The best dermatologists recommend peptides. Look for products that contain peptides as it works on all skin types. Peptides plump and firm.
- Retinol smooths and evens out skin tone. Several products contain retinol.
- Salicylic acid will keep you free from blemishes. For younger people with acne, they should use benzoyl peroxide, but it will dry out older skin. If you break out near your period, exfoliate with a scrub or peel twice a month to keep the pores clear and slough off the dead skin.
- A secret ingredient for your skin is grape seed oil. Before getting into the shower, massage a drop into the skin around your eyes for ten minutes. It will improve skin texture. It contains antioxidants that fight free radicals that cause wrinkles.
- Sleep with two pillows to keep your head elevated. This prevents fluid collecting around your eyes during the night, which causes puffiness in the morning.
- Keep your eye cream cold by storing it in the fridge. The cold shrinks blood vessels and helps to minimize bags under your eyes.
- Use a ten-minute moisturizing mask to plump up your skin. After using your regular face lotion, follow with facial oil. You can moisturize in layers if your skin is dry.
- Always take good care of your neck and chest. Skin there is so thin and ages faster than your face. Use sunscreen and moisturizer, which contains peptides and retinoid.