Creating an At-Home Oasis with Top Rated Products
In my dreams, I am a Real Housewife sitting on a remote beach far, far away from home. I have no worries in the world as my nanny watches over my child and I dig my toes into the sand as I sip my fruity drink out of a coconut.
I am quickly snapped out of my dream by the sound of my neighbors arguing upstairs in our apartment complex. In reality, I have a lot to worry about. If you are like me, you work and live paycheck to paycheck. You have to maintain a budget and may sometimes worry about when you will ever break even.
I wish I could get relaxing massages and treatments, but I can't afford them. But, it is possible to create an at-home oasis inexpensively.
First, you need to arrange your space and remove excess clutter.
Decide on an organizational system that works for you and your lifestyle.
Remove any items from the floor and rearrange furniture and focus on natural outside lighting when possible.
Surround yourself with plants you have grown yourself. Plants can improve air quality and the sights and smells can also be marvelous.
Go through your old pictures and frame some of them.
Create a collage with your beautiful pictures.
How To Treat Your Body!
- How to Treat Your Body- Like a Precious Antique Car
Treat your body like a well-oiled machine built to last! Do it for yourself and your family!
Create Relaxing Rituals
Make time for yourself in the morning, after work, and before bed.
Make time to stretch, reflect, meditate, and pray. Do whatever relaxes you.
Do you feel rushed in the mornings? Try these relaxing tips
- Do yoga before bed. Not only will you be more relaxed, you will improve flexibility too! Got kids? Try a yoga program with them and the whole family can reap the calming benefits- I absolutely LOVE ! In the 2-DVD deluxe edition, there are two separate workouts for mom/baby and mom/toddler. I love that the program grows with you! Parents® Mom and Baby Fitness
- Have a warm cup of tea instead of your normal cup of coffee, especially if you are sensitive to caffeine. There are many varieties of teas to try from green to chocolate oolong. Find the perfect one for you or mix up the varieties depending on your mood.
- Get ready the night before. Lay out your clothes; pack a healthy lunch; have all of your kids' stuff ready the night before too. Have it ready so you won't need to hurry in the morning.
- Try to get at least eight hours of sleep a night. Listen to relaxing music to help you fall asleep faster. Try to relax your mind and disconnect from the world to ensure a stress-reduced slumber.
- Wake up a few minutes early to exercise. Even a few jogs up and down the stairs will get your heart pumping and your exercise can help you relax all day long.
- Concentrate on your breathing. Take a few deep relaxing, cleansing breaths. FYI- Many smokers think that cigarettes relax them. In all actuality, the opposite is true. Smoking can cause more anxiousness and stress.
- Invest in a small relaxing water fountain. I have been satisfied with my purchase of HoMedics fountains. The only thing I do not like is the sound of motor running in the product; this sound can sometimes overpower the relaxing sound of water falling. If you can filter out or ignore the sound of the motor running, then this relaxing water fall can relax you in minutes!
Try a Great Tasting Smoothie That Will Make You Feel Good Inside and Out
- Quick, Easy, and Inexpensive Recipes Designed to Eat...
I designed a quick, easy, and inexpensive smoothie that is great for your body and skin as well. What could be better than a delicious treat that makes you feel and look good inside and out!
At Home Treatments
Take time to relax at home.
Make your own facials and body scrubs using fresh ingredients you have in your kitchen or your garden!
Massage your feet, hands, and back!
- Feet- The smell of peppermint can be so relaxing! Look for a foot lotion that contains peppermint and it's sure to relax you! It's a great massage you can give yourself!
- Hands- The most moisturizing hand cream I have ever found is During dry winter months, the skin on my hands gets so dry, it cracks and bleeds. Caring for young children causes me to have to wash my hands a lot; this is the only product that I been able to use since the fragrance and ingredients don't exacerbate my dry skin. Avon's Moisture Therapy.
For a deep overnight moisturizing therapy, coat your clean hands in your favorite moisturizer and wear a pair of overnight organic cotton gloves. The gloves will allow the lotion to penetrate your skin and the lotion won't rub off when you are tossing and turning during your sleep.
- Back- Many of us don't have the luxury of getting back rubs from others often. Unfortunately, a back massage is one thing you can't really give yourself. But don't fret, you can find a back massaging chair to fit your needs!
My personal favorite back massager is the Casada® Quattromed III. This massaging chair is portable and includes various settings- shiatsu, heat, spot treatments, rolling action, a vibrating seat and you can adjust the width and focus- full, upper, or lower areas. The only fault is that while the massaging action goes from top of your spine to the bottom, it often misses over your neck. The very first time I used the massager, I had a headache the next day. Ever hear no pain, no gain? Well, I gladly took a little pain to reap the benefits of this great device.
Relaxing Back Massages at Home!
Time to Relax with Casada Home Massager- Quattromed III
The Casada Quattromed III Remote Control
Five Reasons the Casada Quattromed III Gets Five Stars
5. The massager automatically shuts off after fifteen minutes or use- to prolong the life of the mechanism. Although the downfall is...your massage only lasts fifteen minutes- those minutes go by so quickly when you are relaxing using this machine!
4. The heat function allows you to add extra warmth on chilly nights- or when you are extra sore.
3. The width function allows you to move to massage heads as close or as far apart as you need them.
2. The spot function allows you to pinpoint the exact location where you need it most. If you want an all-over massage, chose the rolling function.
1. The vibrating shiatsu action literally feels like hands massaging your back. It is so relaxing and the motions help regenerate your muscles and relieve tension.
Find a Relax The Back Near You- Where Casada Quattromed III is Sold!
Relax the Back Scottsdale Arizona
Relax the Back Victoria Canada
Relax the Back Miami Florida
Relax the Back Baton Rouge Louisiana
Relax the Back Michigan
Relax the Back Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Relax the Back Mount Pleasant South Carolina
Relax the Back Houston Texas
Relax the Back Salt Lake City Utah
Relax the Back Chicago Illinois
How do You Relax at Home?
Creating an At- Home Retreat
Many of us don't have money to whisk off to a treatment center every time we are feeling a little blue; you can create your own retreat at home. Your very own paradise lost.
- Draw a warm bath.
- Add bubbles.
- Light candles.
- Turn on relaxing music.
- Sip on your favorite beverage.
- Close your eyes and relax.
After Your Bath- Warm up with a clean, fresh towel and cozy, soft robe.
I remember when I was younger, my mother would sometimes spoil me and throw a towel in the dryer. She would run it up to me when I finished with my bath. I recall the warm, soft, towel and how the warmth of the towel made me feel. Since my mother isn't here to warm up my towel and make it nice and toasty for me, I have to improvise and warm it using a towel warmer. This is a great invention and I love it! Although, I would still appreciate the clean warm dryer towel any day, too!
Create a Watermelon Scrub for Pennies!
How Badly Do You Need to Relax?view quiz statistics
All photos © FreezeFrame34. Hubpages.com
Dividers created using pixlr.com
Special thanks to video provided by PlumTv via U-Tube.
Other U-Tube video created by FreezeFrame34.
Feel free to share, but please always link back to here!