Face packs for winter
This morning when I woke up and went in front of the mirror to brush my teeth, I almost had a heart attack. My face was fine (not good but okay) the last time when I saw myself in the mirror. Today when I saw it, it was dry and I almost look like the witch from Hansel and Gretel (I have a long nose). Adding to my miseries, my husband said that I do not have to do any makeup today for Halloween for a witch today as I already look like one! Hurt from this statement, I immediately started surfing the net and scanning the magazines for some packs. I am writing this hub with a grape pack applied on my face. Hope this works before evening. I had thought that I will start applying home made packs when the winter has arrived but it seems that I should had started earlier.
These masks which are applied in winter are usually water based masks or hydrating masks. These masks help in retaining the moisture of the face lost in winter. There are many masks for hydrating skin the market but I decided to try some homemade packs. To read about other home made masks, please go through these hubs written by me previously.http://dipsmi.hubpages.com/hub/face-packs-for-glowing-skin, http://dipsmi.hubpages.com/hub/glowing-skin-at-less-cost, http://dipsmi.hubpages.com/hub/How-I-did-facial-at-home
- Mix tomato juice and yogurt in equal proportion and apply on the face and wash after 15 minutes.
- You can also add rose water to the above pack and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Mix rose water and strawberry and apply on your face. This will also help in exfloriate
- Rose water and banana face pack will not only moisturize your face but will make it glow.
- Coconut milk is an excellent face pack in winters. I use coconut milk usually when I cook shrimps. Maybe this time 1 tsp will be for my face!
- Avocado works wonders for the skin. Mash avocado and apply it in your face. Wash after 10 minutes.
- Honey is a very good natural moisturizer. Apply honey with rose water and wash face after 15 minutes. Not only will your face glow but it will feel smooth.
- Honey 3 tsp and carrot juice 1 tsp mixed together makes a good pack for winter.
- Apply honey and milk cream and wash face after 10 minutes. This pack also cleanses face.
- You can apply milk cream as a single pack.
- Mash grapes and apply the pulp on your face. Wash after 15 minutes. I have just applied this pack and my face looks a bit better.
- In case you do not have grapes, mash papaya and apply on the skin.
- Apply aloe Vera, this product is very good for the skin in all season.
- This one is a bit messy but very effective. Mix 1 egg, olive oil 1 tsp and 1 tsp of honey and apply on face for 15 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
- Make a homemade toner by mixing melon juice and milk in equal proportion This toner is very helpful in winter season as it cleans the skin and also hydrate it.
- Mix 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of lemon juice. This is an excellent pack for dry skin.
- Mix 1/ 4 tsp of ginger,1/ 2 tsp of cocoa butter and olive oil or almond oil and apply on face. Wash after 20 minutes.
- Mix almond oil and milk cream and leave it for 15 minutes.
I am planning to apply one more pack but I just found out that I do not have honey at my place now. Do tell me any other packs for the skin during winter in case I missed some.