Homemade Beauty Tips for Oily Skin, Sensitive, and Dry Skin
The good news is that oily skin greatly slows down the ageing of your beautiful skin, but in the summer months when there is humidity; oily skin can create all kinds of problems. So below are a few homemade beauty tips for people with oily skin:
1. As soon as the summer starts, it is recommended for you to start using a homemade sandalwood and fuller’s earth pack on your face once a week or once in two weeks. The fuller's earth (multani mitti) will absorb all extra oil from your skin’s surface and the sandalwood will make your skin feel soft, smooth, and supple. Mix the pack in rose water and use it. Rose water is a natural astringent and will reduce the redness on your face.
2. Make sure you clean your oily skin well because if there is dirt, etc. trapped in your skin pores, it can cause bacterial infections which can result in pimples, acne, and other unwanted eruptions.
3. Also, using a homemade scrub containing masoor dal helps in getting rid of this problem. This will also absorb any extra skin oil being generated and will work as a natural exfoliator on your facial skin surface.
4. Follow your cleansing by toning with a lavender toner. A face skin toner basically cleanses the facial skin and reduces inflammation and restores the normal PH balance of your skin. It will also keep the skin hydrated.
5. Do not use any moisturizers on your face unless the skin is feeling dry. In the winters, you can use a light moisturizer for oily skin. Drink plenty of water too, as it does wonders for oily skin.
6. Heat rashes are inflammation of certain areas of the skin caused due to exposure to sun and humidity. If you encounter heat rashes on your skin especially in summer months, then wash the affected areas with cold water several times a day. Also, apply rose water with a cotton wool ball on the affected areas. The sandalwood, multani mitti, and turmeric powder pack is also very soothing because it contains turmeric which is an antiseptic, fuller’s earth which will absorb all the excess oils, and sandalwood which will cool and soften the skin. Do not ever scratch the heat rash. This will just aggravate it. Maintain a proper cleansing routine and use a scrub twice a week.
7. Keep your skin clean at all times to prevent any infection and make sure that any sweat is dried off (use a hanky, or a tissue, or a face cleansing pad). Talcum powder also helps absorb the sweat. Rubbing ice cubes wrapped in a thin cloth on the affected areas also provides a lot of relief.
Above were a few homemade beauty tips for oily skin. Cosmetic products should never be used on your delicate skin as they contain chemicals and are made up of several other harmful ingredients associated with skin diseases. The best way to become beautiful is using homemade herbal products. Now read some beauty tips for dry and sensitive skin.
Skin Care for Mixed Skin: T Zone Oil Control | Face Pack for Sensitive and Dry Skin
Question: Actually my skin type is mixed and T zone is oily. I almost daily have 2 to 3 whiteheads around my nose, do not understand the cause, and when I apply multani mitti face pack with rose water, I develop dry skin and at times very small pimples also develop. I have got very sensitive skin. Please suggest me a facial skin care routine which I can follow regularly.
Answer: Since you have combination skin, I suggest you to make a routine something like this: Apply an almond scrub and scrub your face every Sunday and Wednesday. On Saturday night, wash your face, and steam it. Once the pores are opened, take cotton wool dipped in warm water, and wipe your face, to remove dirt and grime. Now apply a sandalwood plus multani mitti face mask on your face by mixing it in a little bit of milk as well as a little bit of rose water. Once the pack has dried, wash it off with cold water. Pat your face dry. Apply a tiny amount of moisturizer on parts of face that feel dry and sensitive.
Do this regularly, and you will see good results! I strongly recommend sandalwood multani mitti pack and almond scrub. It should be homemade without any chemicals. In the next article, we will talk about homemade face packs for fairness and glowing skin.