jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Do you judge someone by thier looks?

1. moneyfairy profile image61
    moneyfairyposted 3 years ago

I recently posted this question in answers and they removed it saying it was a forum question.
    So this past weekend I was waiting outside the library before it opened and this young black boy with a hoodie said some not so nice things to me because I took my flip flops off, just to cool down a bit from the heat of the day. I was just a bit taken back and in shock. No one had ever riddiculed me for taking my flip flops off. It was really bizzare. So it prompted the question Do you judge someone for thier looks or how they dress?
    Look forward to hearing your responses.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I try not to.
      I go by what they say.

That surely must've been weird, and maybe even a bit scary!
      So...did you confront the boy and ask him what his problem was?

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes Brenda it was very wierd indeed. I said "you should never judge someone from appearences alone." I also said: " If you are being so judgemental have you ever looked at your appearence? A young black boy with a hoodie and pants that hang down with your underwear hanging out, don't you think that is offensive to others?" He said he never thought of it that way and we had a bit of a verbal banter as he was making me seem as if i was lady godiva walking around naked just for taking my flip flpos off. I think he probably had some mental disorder so I finally just let it alone. But it really irritated me that he thought I was disrespectful just for taking my flip flops off... just really strange.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Did you really talk to him?
          Cool.
          Maybe he learned something!

I must admit I was tempted today to say something when a woman in line in front of me at the grocery store bent over to write out a check.    Her crack showed.   She was probably in her early 30's, was thin and had on skinny low-cut jeans.   It still was soooo embarrassing, just the same as if she had been overweight or whatever.   
          I said nothing.
          No use causing a scene.
          I remember when I was in my 20's and I didn't always dress so modestly either.
          There is probably still hope for her!  God help her!  LOL.

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes I did and it felt good to clear the air.
            It was still really bizzare thou.
            And it's a good thing you didn't say anything to that girl ,who knows if she would have gotten mean and violent....you never know these days how high strung people can be. smile LOL

working