jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have a rare antique ring that I know no history of. I am not sure if it is gol

1. profile image42
    ashtanmelvinposted 8 years ago

I have a rare antique ring that I know no history of. I am not sure if it is gold or silver, it...

as three diamonds on top and a loose hanging cross and two seed pearls on each side. Is there any way you can help me with the history or value?

2. Casper021 profile image56
    Casper021posted 8 years ago

Take it to your local jeweller and see what he says. And then you may have to do some research on your own or take it possibly to musium as they may know

3. J  Rosewater profile image65
    J Rosewaterposted 8 years ago

There are ways of telling whether they are real diamonds, and if there are any hallmarks, you might be able to decipher them.
    But no one can tell for sure unless they can actually handle the ring. Take it to an expert, but do not let it out of your sight unless you trust the person you ask.
    Thanks for asking - you do realise this is a specific and personal question... it's not appropriate to write a whole hub as answers to individual questions.

4. esummer333 profile image56
    esummer333posted 7 years ago

You need to see a professional appraiser...your jeweler may want to buy the ring and therefore will suggest it is worth less than an appraiser will. There are several National Appraisal Associations that can recommend an appraiser...I would look at the website for the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers.

Elyse Karlin
    Co-Director, The Association for the Study of Jewelry & Related Arts