jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the new color for 2010?

1. fastfreta profile image80
    fastfretaposted 8 years ago

What is the new color for 2010?

I worked in retail for a short while and I kept up with the latest colors.  Now that I'm out of the loop, I've lost track.  So for the new year I was just wondering what the new color trend is.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image96
    Jayne Lancerposted 8 years ago

The colour range is quite vast this year, and should be easily combined to colours you already have in your wardrobe.

Turquoise, violet, fusion coral, muted red, amparo blue, aurora yellow, pink champagne, dried herb, eucalyptus.

3. fastfreta profile image80
    fastfretaposted 8 years ago

Thanks Jayne, now when I go to the department store I'll look for those colors.

4. Craftsmith profile image57
    Craftsmithposted 8 years ago

turquoise by all means is the color for 2010 !!

5. TheFashionArtist profile image54
    TheFashionArtistposted 8 years ago

I totally agree with Jane. You can't go wrong with nudes,violets,magentas,and bright deep purple. The brighter  colors will make you look more youthful too because they are bright and cool on the color palette.

6. privateye2500 profile image43
    privateye2500posted 8 years ago

There are no *new* colors! ;}  Only recycled ones.

My thought is that the color(s) for 2010 are/will be :

Black (it never leaves)

Coppers

Golden yellows

and/or

shades of purple that are so dark they are nearly black with deep lush greens.

I think pink is DEAD.  Coral on the other hand.  Coral and Copper - now that is WOW!

7. Jane Grey profile image91
    Jane Greyposted 7 years ago

One color I am seeing appear in high-end to pricey shops is actually a very old, grey-green, eggshell blue. A "muted/pastel turquoise" also comes very close. This is very stylish when paired with black or red, for a bold look, or cream and white for a "shabby chic" or "romantic victorian" look.

working